Mod gang vehicles?

Is it possible to change what vehicles different gangs use? Like, could I make the Saints or Brotherhood spawn inside of APCs?
If it is possible, is it also possible to change the colors, so I could make the APC purple for the Saints or red for the Brotherhood?

It is possible to add additional vehicles in your gang customization selection like apcs, buses, limos, or any other vehicle you like. You would simply need to add new entries for them to gang_customization.xtbl. This is already a core part of the GotR mod. It is not possible to change their colors though. That data is part of a binary cvtf file that we have had minimal success in hex editing.

EDIT:
I have also tried to change the rival gang vehicles in the past, but it never ended up working correctly with how they spawn.

Thanks again for the info. I guess your Gentlemen of the Row mod pretty much did everything that could be done with Saints Row 2. That is a great mod, by the way. I loved Saints Row 2 on the Xbox 360, but your mod made it even better. I did not realize that the mod added APCs for the Saints because I hadn't gotten that far in the game.

The gang customization vehicle unlocks in SR2 are actually staggered over the course of a playthrough. The unlock of each set is tied in to how many hoods you own. The final set in GotR is the fun one and includes things like buses, APC, Peewee, O-Ring, etc. :)

We really did push SR2 modding as far as we possibly could. I do still have a few ideas though for the upcoming version 2.0 that I plan to start on sometime in the future.

Back