Messing with guns

So this is a heavy work in progress, but it seems Saints Row 4 is immensely friendlier when it comes to setting up new guns. So here's some shots of me trying to make a standalone lever action rifle for the rifle slot of the inventory. I can't seem to get the icon to remain constant. Everything is totally functional though! No upgrades and skins, but attempting to fix that.

EDIT: After doing a quick count of just the base guns that are in game, there are assets available to create around 55-57 unique weapons. I mean that alone is 8 assault rifles. What I'm talking about is making it so there are no costumes, just guns, just straight up separate weapons. This would probably be a massive undertaking and surely hit the limit for how many weapons can be in game at once.
fropTR4.jpg

B8v166d.jpg

PmPHGy4.jpg

ArqEGPI.jpg

31KuMEY.jpg

OjwdPxi.jpg

Last edited:
Which files are you changing up to do this? I've been trying to push the Minimi LMG and the Thompson into their own gun to no avail.

You have to setup:
weapons
Weapons Costumes
Items Inventory
Weapons Skins

You have to setup separate entries for each of those.

Awsome!!!

I've been thinking of something along this line with 2 weapons.
The Beretta XP (Burst AR default skin) - moving it to an SMG... as the Beretta is actually an SMG (fires 9mm rounds and has a short barrel in real life).
Along with moving the Robocop pistol from the SMG Strom skins over to a burst fire pistol (to make it more inline with the Robocop movies).

:p I may or may not already have some Robocop burst pistol plans in the works. For now though I'm concentrating on making sure all guns I've added will now have functional skins and upgrades.

I don't suppose you'll writin' a guide sometime in the future will you?

Back