Men in Black

M

Mordred

The reasoning behind this mod is that I'm sick of seeing the cops in those grungy blue/grey uniforms, and I felt there had to be a better option. It was also partly inspired by BadMadScientists Cop Notoriety mod. As a salute to him I've replaced the motor cycle cop with his female cop which also helped me because I couldn't change that cops colouring no matter what I tried.

To install: Just extract the files into your Saints Row: The Third folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\saints row the third
2012-12-24_00014.jpg
2012-12-24_00004.jpg

Just a note, if you don't to want screw up your existing character.xtbl folder you can just use npc_color_palette.xtbl, but you will be stuck with that grey/blue buffoon.

Attachments

• Men in Black.zip
    20.2 KB · Views: 2,797
Thank you so much! I've been trying this a few times but coulnd't do it and now thanks to you :D

Hey, just a question, is it possible to make motorcycle cops to also have this color scheme? I mean the 'real' motorcycle cops, not the female ones.

Thank you Alexander and Dilin for your positive comments. I hope you both enjoy this mod in game.

Thank you so much! I've been trying this a few times but coulnd't do it and now thanks to you :D

Hey, just a question, is it possible to make motorcycle cops to also have this color scheme? I mean the 'real' motorcycle cops, not the female ones.

Hi yorpie, I'm so pleased you like the mod. I really thought the motorcycle cop would fall into line but that guy wont change even though he's using the same colour palette that I tweaked..

Hi yorpie, I'm so pleased you like the mod. I really thought the motorcycle cop would fall into line but that guy wont change even though he's using the same colour palette that I tweaked..

Oh, okay then, I already tried myself but it didn't work either. I don't think it will. The regular cops probably are paintable because you can buy their uniform in 'Lets Pretend' which you can color as well. Maybe the motorcycle cops have a texture file in which you can change it, I'll look into it.

And thanks again for the uniforms, they look way better and fit with their black and white police cars.

And how did you upload those pictures and where? When I upload a picture it doesn't show up. Then Minimaul told me to upload the pictures on the forum but I do not know how to do this.

Cheers

The regular cops probably are paintable because you can buy their uniform in 'Lets Pretend' which you can color as well.

False. NPCs do not wear player clothing. I'm not sure what the reason is, but that's definitely not it.

False. NPCs do not wear player clothing. I'm not sure what the reason is, but that's definitely not it.

I know they don't wear player clothing, made a weird point there ^^ I think the 'real' reason why you can recolor the police officers is, because there are also police officer homies with purple clothing. And giving them different colors is better then adding a whole new texture for it. Because there are no biker homies you probably can't edit their color. To do that you would have to edit their texture, if I'm correct?

This mod is awesome but I have a question.

Can you make the bikers look black too?
It should be possible since the bikers like the cops do have their own colour palette which is separate from the general NPCs. Give me some time to think about it.

Back