Main Menu And Default Character Mod By Viper Venom

Anybody get tired of the same old game with the same startup and default characters and outfits:oops:?
I know I did. So I started my own little game overhaul:p.
As most of you know i'm pretty good at texturing guns. Well I started porting clothing and hairstyles.
Then I made slight modifications to the default characters outfits and look.
Next I got seriously bored with the same old splash screens and main menu(not to mention the insanely
boring music at the main menu).
Now don't get me wrong i'm not knocking the game at all. I think saints row the third is my favorite game.
But seriously I just wanted some more class;). The geeky black guy look and the overly huge Hispanic women needed an overhaul:p.

Now before we start here, I have included an asm updater(many thanks to gameqube for that)
for those of you who aren't familiar with updating the asm files. Very simple application, just place the asm updater folder in your main directory and leave it there. Then simply copy the asm_pc files you wan't to update
in your main directory and then open the asm updater folder. you will see 2 windows batch files at the bottom.
To update your asm after adding or changing items you will click the top one. To update after removing an item from your directory, you would run the bottom one. In this case we would be updating the customize_item_asm_pc file so you would open the folder and run the top windows batch file.

Now after extracting this mod, first thing to do is look in the videos folder and you will see 3 new .bik videos.
Copy those to c:program filesx86/steam/steam apps/common/saints row the third/videos folder.
If you are doing this correctly,it will ask you to copy and replace the old files. Overwrite the old files(don't forget to make a backup) and you will end up with 2 new splash screens and a new main menu look.
Also the main menu I created plays Institute-Bulletproof Skin. I always liked that song and it is pretty
auxilerating wen you are getting ready to go fight in steelport. The main menu background I personaly created from three different wallpapers I found. Now if anyone like my friend rastaman287 wants a new main menu created, simplyn post me a picture or wallpaper you like and sound you prefer, or no sound at all
I can do that for you very easily;). So at this point if you replaced the files correctly your new main menu will look like this:
Screenshot7512.jpg

And have 2 new custom made splash screens that look like this:
volition_logo_evolution_by_evixo-d5criqw.png
republic_of_gamer_dragon_edition_by_holly69-d5864gm.jpg

And of course if you want something different simply post me a video or wallpaper you want used,feel free
and I will gladly create it for you with whatever effects you like and sound;).
Next we go to our default characters. I got bored of geeky clothes and having to go through the hassle of creating my player from scratch. So I did a little porting and minor modifications;).
Your next step would be to look in the extracted mod folder and copy and paste all items below the videos folder to c:program filesx86/steam/steam apps/common/saints row the third folder. Now if you do not copy all items the added items will act funny or not work. Next you open the asm updater folder you copied to the same location and run that top windows batch file. You will see a small windows command window pop up and start updating the customize_item_asm_pc file for you. If you do not do this step correctly the game may crash. After all done, we end up with new default outfits at the beginning of the game at the steelport initiation station. Of course you can still create your player any way you like. This simply adds a few hairstyles and clothing mods. Now, remember the over muscular Hispanic in the music junkie outfit:oops:?
Well when you end up at the steelport initiation station , this will be her default outfit and look:
Screenshot13294.jpg

Next up we have our white girl in the bad girl boots and silly golfer pants with the jacket combo.
I just gave her a little class and made her look like the girl on the main menu I created. The kinzie should be look:p. This was a personaly created outfit with my own personal hotboots compilation.
Screenshot4792.jpg

Next up we have the geeky looking black guy with the saints row hat, geeky glasses, sorry looking vest and shirt combo and purple sneakers:eek:. So we created a much more take charge boss out of him:p.
The matrix come to mind here anyone:oops:?
Screenshot11088.jpg

Now as I said, everything still works like normal. I just hated the idea that you start the game with barely any money, and have to go all over town to find the clothing items you prefer. If anyone has any special requests
I will be happy to acomidate if possible and as soon as possible;). Just like any other mod, don't forget to back up the original files. And if any issues with this mod, feel free to ask me for help or changes:).
This is just a simple mod I put together and I hope you enjoy it:).

This one I made today after a lot of work:p. I think it took me more than 5 hours to make the picture and put it all together. Anybody ever imagined kinzie on a warpath:oops:? Well here you go:p. This one plays metalica-I disappear. I thought the song was fitting for my drawing since this is what it looks like every time I disappear in steelport:p
Screenshot5754.jpg

Simply copy and paste the .bik video included into the videos folder in your saints row the third installation directory;). Overwrite the old file and go cause some hell in steelport;).
I found an issue with the kabuki hair style and have been working to fix it. So everyone knows it was the Croyton face-lift hairstyle ported from sr4. I will post the update as soon as I fix this.
Sorry for any inconvenience. For now it will just look odd in cutscenes.

Edit:
I have fixed the issue with the Hispanic girl. It is the croyton facelift hairstyle ported from sr4. It replaced the sci fi bob. It looks exactly the same as sr4 only the hair physics aren't the same in srtt and the hair refuses to move. I am uploading an updated version of the mod. The updated version includes more ported hairstyles from sr4 such as the double frenchbraid replacing off the shoulder, classic bob from sr4 replacing debutante.
The classic bob from sr4 looked much nicer than the basic bob in srtt and I wanted to put it somewhere, but I found that replacing debutante was the only place the physics worked correctly. Please download the update and simply follow the same instructions. Sorry for the inconvenience but I have resolved the issue and fixed the problem. Atleast in the update I have included more hairstyles:).

Edit 2:
For those interested, this is my own personal main menu I created. I always felt shaundi was overated ( no offense to anyone). So I created a specific menu with my saints boss in a retextured ultor assassin suit I was highly proud of. Now for anyone interested in downloading the suit itself, lok at my black and chrome gun collection and vipers custom mods thread on page 73 and it can be downloaded along with the custom retextured israili 45's I made to go with it. This one plays institute-bulletproof skin also( reason being it is hard to find songs that will override the main menu music and blend in at the same time, and if anyone has suggestions for other music options please feel free to say something lol). Well this is my boss in the ultor suit menu I created:
Screenshot1787.jpg

Just remember that I can accomidate to make these without music and any photo or image or video or music you request, and by all means feel free to ask. Please remember to always back up your original files and mod on.

Edit:
This is an optional main menu I wanted to upload( if nothing else for variety sake)
I thought it looked pretty cool so I thought I would share it.
Simply extract the file and copy to the videos folder in your main directory and overwrite the old one.
Screenshot11029.jpg

Attachments

• Main Menu And Default Character Mod.rar
    58.4 MB · Views: 1,180
  • Kinzie Warpath Menu.rar
    9.7 MB · Views: 854
  • Main Menu And Default Character Mod Updated.rar
    60.4 MB · Views: 1,426
  • Special Ultor Menu.rar
    14.8 MB · Views: 760
  • main_menu_bg.rar
    7.7 MB · Views: 801
Last edited:
Is it possible to make this compatible with mods that have the same xtbl files such as customization_items.xtbl???

Is it possible to make this compatible with mods that have the same xtbl files such as customization_items.xtbl???
Add the custmeshes from mod to yours. Copy the entire asm updater folder to you main directory with those custmeshes. Open the asm updater folder and run the top windows batch file that says update after changes. It will update your customize item_asm_pc file to add the new custmeshes to yours and play the game. Any problems accomplishing this, pm me and I will help;)

Wasn't fully awake when I replied before I'm sorry. If you are referring to the nude mods or something else please let me know. The customization_items.xtbl is the file used by nude mods to remove the sensor bar and yes mine is fully compatible with any nude mod. Now if you are referring to another mod I need to know what mod so I can tell you if the particular file is compatable. I can tell you my customization_default_items.xtbl is a must. That file is what changes what they wear at the initiation station for default clothing. Now if you need that file compatable with another mod let me know and I can merge ghe 2 together. Does that answer your question now?

Add it to Gooh :p
Just look for the main_menu_bg.bik video.
It may be renamed as volition_menu or something like that. All videos except 3 are cutscenes. Look in the videos folder and you will recognise it right off the bat. Rename my kinzie warpath file to the one from good and replace it.

Edit:rename the file from main_menu_bg.bik to main_menu_bg.bk2
If that doesn't work correctly i can have it converted by morning;)

Just look for the main_menu_bg.bik video.
It may be renamed as volition_menu or something like that. All videos except 3 are cutscenes. Look in the videos folder and you will recognise it right off the bat. Rename my kinzie warpath file to the one from good and replace it.

Edit:rename the file from main_menu_bg.bik to main_menu_bg.bk2
If that doesn't work correctly i can have it converted by morning;)
I tested it out and it works. REname any of my menu files to main_menu_bg.bk2 and replace gooh video.
Proof:
Screenshot2001.jpg

Don't mind that one, it was just a test file ll. it is from my srtt.

Nice! Thanks :)
Found an issue with the sound only in one ear so I am reconverting file. If that doesn't work I will create one without music for gooh.

Edit:
I will have to create one without sound for gooh. Give me an hour and it will be up.

Edit 2:
Here is kinzie warpath default sound for gooh

Attachments

• GOOH Kinzie Warpath.rar
    4.8 MB · Views: 554
Last edited:
Back