Saints Row IV Low resolution screen fix

I recently reinstalled both SR3 and SR4, but on my non-gaming 10-inch netbook, and was pleasantly surprised that they run well when graphics settings were adjusted. In SR4 however, if I chose a fullscreen resolution lower than 1280x720 (the lowest resolution with 16:9 aspect ratio), the picture would be stretched horizontally. I knew that in SR4 and in most modern games, Hor+ scaling is used for a wider FOV. I would prefer to see black bars on the sides of the screen like in SR3, rather than have an illusion of a wider FOV. Is there a way to fix this on SR4?

Update: I tried playing the game in borderless window. First, I lowered Windows resolution to 1280x720, chose a black solid color desktop background, and hid the desktop icons. I then set the game to borderless mode and resolution to 640x400. On a 10-inch laptop, it’s like playing on a Switch Lite with a 2% bigger screen, but with 6mm black bars showing on the sides so diagonally the display measures 5.2” across. The game is still immersive with headphones on, but I would still hope for a fullscreen fix.

Last edited:
Back