Looking at a new Computer.

It depends on how much work you're willing to put into it. You can get vastly lower prices by purchasing individual components and assembling the system yourself, and installing the operating system and drivers, over the course of a day or two. Or you can buy from a company like those or Origin PC, which will end up with you paying (a lot) more, but not having to do it yourself. They will also provide you some form of tech support should things go wrong, whereas doing it yourself means you're on your own, where "your own" means with the internet of course.

An in-between solution is a pre-assembled "barebones" system. You may be able to find such a computer for sale, which includes a motherboard, cpu, and cpu cooler, already mounted in the case. But i don't know whether anybody still sells something like that.

If you want help learning how to assemble the system, i don't exactly know any tutorials offhand, but it's generally extremely easy. Except for one part: mounting the heat sink. See, the hard things about mounting a heat sink are that you need to get thermal grease, you need to apply it carefully, you need to then apply the heat sink carefully, you need to be ready to wipe it up with a lint-free cloth and high-purity alcohol if you don't get it right, and you need to test the temperatures to make sure they're okay, and even after that, it's hard to know for certain that you did it right. I don't enjoy doing it at all, myself. Every other part of assembling a system is piss easy, though. It's just plugging things into other things, and possibly tightening a screw here or there.

It depends on how much work you're willing to put into it. You can get vastly lower prices by purchasing individual components and assembling the system yourself, and installing the operating system and drivers, over the course of a day or two. Or you can buy from a company like those or Origin PC, which will end up with you paying (a lot) more, but not having to do it yourself. They will also provide you some form of tech support should things go wrong, whereas doing it yourself means you're on your own, where "your own" means with the internet of course.

An in-between solution is a pre-assembled "barebones" system. You may be able to find such a computer for sale, which includes a motherboard, cpu, and cpu cooler, already mounted in the case. But i don't know whether anybody still sells something like that.

If you want help learning how to assemble the system, i don't exactly know any tutorials offhand, but it's generally extremely easy. Except for one part: mounting the heat sink. See, the hard things about mounting a heat sink are that you need to get thermal grease, you need to apply it carefully, you need to then apply the heat sink carefully, you need to be ready to wipe it up with a lint-free cloth and high-purity alcohol if you don't get it right, and you need to test the temperatures to make sure they're okay, and even after that, it's hard to know for certain that you did it right. I don't enjoy doing it at all, myself. Every other part of assembling a system is piss easy, though. It's just plugging things into other things, and possibly tightening a screw here or there.
Ehh. I am more a Labtop person since I go to my dads and moms back and forth. So I am looking for a already assembled labtop.

In that case, those 3 companies are pretty much your choices, along with the likes of Dell and Toshiba (but they are probably more expensive, if they even offer the same gaming hardware, which is unlikely). Just configure a more or less identical system at all 3 and see which one's cheapest, or has the best other crap that comes with it.

Whatever you do, don't buy anything with an integrated Intel gpu. Make sure you get a decent ATI or Nvidiva gpu in your new laptop if you want to do any gaming.

1. To start do not go to big name companies like Dell as I got a computer from them and it died in the first few months.
  2. Pick what games you want to play so Radeon vs Nvidia and AMD vs Intel.
  3. Shop around to get the best price for your components.
  4. Buy from an online company that you trust because sometimes the components can be cheaper.
  5. Install Vista as XP and 7 cannot run certain games.
Just enjoy yourself and make the PC like a new baby.

I wouldn't buy a Alienware PC, because they aren't that nice how they "look" (had one 1 year ago).
I always buy PC's which I built myself, on Internet sites which allow that.
Install Vista as XP and 7 cannot run certain games.
What are you talking about?! Windows 7 actually run every game. I even tested games from 2003, which work like a charm. Windows Vista is the worst OS of Microsoft.

I'm not aware of Vista being able to run anything 7 can't. XP is another matter, as is Windows 95, as is DOS. You won't find many games made in the last 10 years that can't be made to run on 7, though.
Star Wars Knight's of the Old Republic wasn't able to run on Windows Vista nor on Windows 7, but works with a single dll fix on Windows 7 where it still crashes on Vista (just a example). Most people stopped using Windows XP and upgraded to Windows 7, more people will do when Steam stop's XP support at 30th August.

Back