"Login Error" for Gamespy

Hello, I've recently bought Saints Row 2 from Steam. I created a Gamespy account in-game an played Co-op for a day or two and now I am receiving "Login Error" while trying to login to Gamespy, and now I cannot play my favorite part of the game, any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I have no mods installed, never had either. Also, this had recently happened when I left my computer logged into gamespy overnight on the SR2 Main Menu

I've been getting that too, it won't even try to log me in, it's been bugging out on both a friend and I for the last two days. If anyone has further information on the problem I'd love to hear it.

Well that's frustrating. I mean, I get that there comes a point when you can't justify running a server for a game any more, but... I don't know, it seems like LAN/Peer-to-peer connections should be more widely supported... on the other hand, this game is a port from consoles, SOOOOOOOO. Meh. Servers getting shut down always angers me.

Thanks, Crow, I'll try that and share it with my friends!

Er uh looks like GS was down for maintenance.

I'd still give Evolve an install for other games.

Plus in case GS has more down time. Also in many ways Evolve is easier too. Plus more social with easy to make lobbies to meet up and setup matches.

It's back, everybody. Breathe easy and recheck your passwords. I went all around sideways and changed mine using GameSpy Comrade and the service in-game accepted the new password and name just now.

Deep breath and sigh.

Back