Linking your Steam account

M

Minimaul

I've had a few people ask how to do this, so here we go:

To link your Steam account to an existing forum account, do the following steps. All of the image thumbnails can be clicked on to show the full version.
  1. Log into the forum as your existing forum account.
  2. Go to the top right, and hover over your username. Then click on "External Accounts".
    step02.png
  3. Click the "Associate with Steam" button.
    step03.png
  4. You'll be taken to a Steam Community login page:
    step04.png
    Sign in with your Steam account details. This is a Steam Community page hosted by Valve - you are not giving us your password. You might be asked to do Steam Guard - do this too.
  5. You'll be sent back to Saints Row Mods and be shown a new page:
    step05.png
    Enter your Saints Row Mods forum password and click "Associate Account".
You're done! Your Steam account is now linked to your forum account and you should now be able to use the "Sign in with Steam" button to log in to Saints Row Mods.

Note: Very occasionally, step 5 will appear to time out. This is because of a delay getting data back from Steam. If you refresh the page it usually then works.

Edit: This isn't required - it's entirely up to you if you want to link your Steam account or not. You can unlink it if you want in the future by going to External Accounts again.

Hi!
I'm Masamaru. I can't sign in through steam so I created this account temporarily for communication.
How do I sign in to my original account?

For anyone stuck unable to log in - you should be able to do a password reset using the email address on your account (which will be the email address on your steam account).

This should let you set a new password on Saints Row Mods and log in with that.

Back