Laserguns WIP

Many of you have probably seen seen this. After releasing it I spent few days on trying to get all laser weapons to work. Since I achieved what can be even called a "success" (yes, those guns are "shootable") I thought that it was a good time to set up this thread and show a bit of my trophies.
laser_promo1.jpg
laser_promo2.jpg

Still, in its current state, mod is completely unreleasable. There are many reasons for that. So many that I can't even promise you any kind of release. While I think it's possible to get this to flawless work, there are as much chances to end this thread with "IT'S IMPOSSIBLE" statement. I'm also sorry that I can't go much in-detail with it (idea behind this mod is a bit tricky and in many parts was developed under moderators supervision).

I'm currently trying to fix all the issues. That's a a really hard work though. The fact that I'm quite short on modding experience doesn't help either (well I wouldn't be surprised if I overlooked something extremely obvious)... So, guys, do you mind if I ask you for help?

1) Do you know any way to remove a specific weapon (let's say a baseball bat) from player "backpack" and crib's cache?
2) Is there any way of replacing Murdebrawl-speciffic weapons (blow-up doll, urinal and so on) with regular ones (like Decker's sword or baseball bat)? EDIT: Is this possible to change Murderbrawl's mission script in such a way that game would start spawning vanilla weapons instead of blow up dolls, urinals etc.?

I think the Murderbrawl weapons may be stuck as mission specific models, maybe they can be added to the preloader. From there I can only assume would could exchange the blow up dolls files for saw... the bat, then you can just tweak its weapon stats. As for changing the bat entirely into a gun, that doesn't sound too awkward, I mean I changed the stun gun into a pistol for a while. Its not as big a transition, but in theory... I could try and type up a weapons data to make the bat a gun.

Oops, my bad, I haven't made myself clear. I actually intended to write "Is this possible to change Murderbrawl's mission script in such a way that game would start spawning vanilla weapons instead of blow up dolls, urinals etc.?".

One more question, this time to those of you who have played coop: if your partner's character dies, does he drop his current weapon to the ground?

One more question, this time to those of you who have played coop: if your partner's character dies, does he drop his current weapon to the ground?

No, he does not.

No, he does not.
That's some great news then!

Although I still can't promise anything to anybody, I can tell that there has been quite a progress lately. I got rid of great share of fatal flaws that looked unbeatable at first. To be honest, I was quite surprised that it was possible to fix them! Game works in a *very* unsuspecting manner, I'm telling you!

Can this method be used to load the mesh for Gat's combat knife? Calling him up as a homie in free roam (using the Return of Gat mod or the one with GoS) makes him use the animations when fighting zombies, but without the knife it looks kinda goofy.

Can this method be used to load the mesh for Gat's combat knife? Calling him up as a homie in free roam (using the Return of Gat mod or the one with GoS) makes him use the animations when fighting zombies, but without the knife it looks kinda goofy.
I haven't tried mods you're referring to but it sounds like it should be possible. Moreover, this knife could be turned into player's weapon as well. BUT. As for now, introducing new weapons causes too many serious bugs. For example you won't be able to start any of the missions. Playing in free-roam only isn't much of an option either: when you save your game, remove a mod and load a game, your character may show up with messed-up inventory. For example, my Boss couldn't use punches at all - my game crashed to Windows every time I tried to smack somebody. So for now, mine attempt in giving new weapons can be barely called a mod. It's more like a borrowing of some game's features and then paying for them double-time. There are other flaws as well.

I'm not too familiar with computer science, so please correct me if I'm wrong: it seems that game "guards" its memory part very well. Pushing that memory boundaries with new stuff causes too much problems. So for now introducing new weapons (not questionably forcing them to appear) looks more like a job for a person with IT background (to cook a trainer perhaps?) than n00b like me.

Of course there's always a chance I overlooked something obvious. Or just didn't try this one magic combination of xtbl and lua lines. Who knows! But then, chances for that seem very slim to me...

Back