Lag problems with saints row 2

While playing saints row 2 on pc with gentlemen of the row, i randomly have my fps drop to a very low number when looking at certain areas for no apparent reason. Restarting the game seems to be a temporary fix, but does anyone have a permanent fix?

What are your display settings? Depending on where you are and how much is going on around you, the game can tank. It runs fine for me with settings up high and stuff like Ambient Occlusion on when I'm just walking around Stilwater, but driving or fighting causes the game to lag a lot.

my display settings are the default. The odd part is that in the area it starts lagging in can be anywhere, at any time, for no reason at all. and then on a restart, its completely normal again

my display settings are the default. The odd part is that in the area it starts lagging in can be anywhere, at any time, for no reason at all. and then on a restart, its completely normal again
How much RAM do you have? It seems like possibly you're overloading your system and restarting causes it to refresh the memory.

Oh, just to let you know, the pc version of this game is broken and buggy as hell. So frame drops is a common problem along with random crashes.

Gentlemen of the Row helps, but the results may vary depending on your pc and specs. In my case, my game lags while driving, and no matter what i try, the problem persists.

Back