SOLVED Joy is having trouble with making mods (problem with Sr2PegTool and ThomasJepp's Packfile Extractor)

I am trying to edit the generic player/npc skin file and I am just getting black boxes for everything in the pegs.vpp_pc folder I extracted through ThomasJepp.SaintsRow-rev133 Packfile Extractor except the .desc files of each extracted folder from the pegs.vpp_pc. I am using the only tool I know of (the Sr2PegTool) and this is the first time in nearly a year of making texture/skin mods that it is doing this. I can still extract, edit and repackage my own modded files with the peg tool but anything from the pegs folder doesn't work for whatever reason.

I've not installed anything between when it was working and when I discovered that it wasn't working anymore or altered anything on my PC that I can think of that would have caused it.

The only two things I have to note that I haven't already mentioned are:
1. I had a strange moment yesterday, before discovering the problem, with a file that I seeming extracted by mistake, that I couldn't cancel the extraction and that had disappeared after the extraction had completed
2. Today, I noticed that scrolling through the image files sometimes causes the thumbnails to unload and get replaced with one that is the thumbnail for the image editing software, Gimp

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have a solution? I'll attach a screenshot of the folder I am trying to use and the weird file issue I am having with it.

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    263.3 KB · Views: 89
You need 2 files: always_loaded_char.peg_pc from pegs.vpp_pc and always_loaded_char.g_peg_pc from chunks4.vpp_pc in the same folder then try extracting textures again

You need 2 files: always_loaded_char.peg_pc from pegs.vpp_pc and always_loaded_char.g_peg_pc from chunks4.vpp_pc in the same folder then try extracting textures again
Yep, that did it, I completely forgot there was the files in chunks4 lol. It has also solved a small issue I was having with the textures folder but I wasn't having nearly the same amount off issue with that. Thank you for reminding me. Hope you have a great day! xx

Back