Issues with my PC

Was in the middle of playing a game then gotten a blue screen that says "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart." Before the screen went off I was trying to see what else it was saying about a driver error so my PC is probably having a hard drive driver problem or something. The screen looked almost like the one below except mine was mentioning something about a driver error. Is there a fix around this error?
windows-10-blue-screen-death.jpg

Stop code: "MANUALLY INITIATED CRASH" :confused:

That means some software you have made Windows crash on purpose.
From what I've read, it's frequently caused by a driver incompatibility, sometimes caused by a driver update.

I found this page which offers some suggestions (don't know how reliable the source is).

Last edited:
Bugcheck
Event 1001

Code:
Provider

[ Name]  Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting
   [ Guid]  {ABCE23E7-DE45-4366-8631-84FA6C525952}
   [ EventSourceName]  BugCheck
  - EventID 1001

- EventData

param1 0x000000d1 (0xffff8681e8307c00, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff80266ce614b)
  param2 C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
  param3 75180629-cfa7-407f-bac6-962360c69066

I tried to access C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP but was denied.

It seems that screenshot was just grabbed as an example. The error code experienced by FusionH2o is different.

We call that a "blue screen of death" or BSOD. There are many problems that can cause a BSOD, most of them hardware or driver problems. RAM going bad is a common one and easy to test for.

Look up some common techniques for solving BSODs. Among the steps, you should do a memory test and make sure your drivers are all the most recent versions.

....RAM going bad is a common one and easy to test for.

I burnt memtest86+ on the disc, I will try that first and I'll let that run tonight while I'm sleeping.

IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL - test memory (as you're already doing), back off any overclocks you might be running, and if you've recently installed any driver updates (eg NVIDIA/AMD graphics drivers), try rolling those back.

Good news folks! I ran memtest86+ before going to bed last night I woke up this morning seen the screen the program made 68 passes and no failing ram. Just a few moments ago I uninstalled the AMD Crimson beta drivers and installed the Catalyst drivers. I tried to re initiate the bugcheck again and nothing happened. I guess this problem is solve. Thank you all who have helped me make it through this.

Good news folks! I ran memtest86+ before going to bed last night I woke up this morning seen the screen the program made 68 passes and no failing ram. Just a few moments ago I uninstalled the AMD Crimson beta drivers and installed the Catalyst drivers. I tried to re initiate the bugcheck again and nothing happened. I guess this problem is solve. Thank you all who have helped me make it through this.
Yes, that wouldn't surprise me with beta drivers. By definition, they're still under test and anything could happen.

Back