Is Volition dead now?

Discussion in 'Ask Volition!' started by pleasegofuk, Mar 13, 2019.

1. With all due respect, after the release of Saints Row IV, followed by the release of Agents of Mayhem, I'd say the Saints Row series is pretty much toast at this point.

So is Volition basically dead as we know it?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  2. Admixon

Admixon Administrator Staff Member

You should really visit Saints Row server on Discord (https://discord.gg/ngrYqn)
    Idol Ninja says that Volition work on something new but can't share any details.
    Volition isn't dead.

pleasegofuk and Fan of Saints like this.
  3. I don't find Saints Row IV or Agents of Mayhem disappointing, and no Volition isn't dead either.

pleasegofuk and Admixon like this.
  4. Volition is re-hiring some staff who were fired after the Agents of Mayhem debacle. They've still got some life left.

5. Quantum

Quantum Administrator Staff Member

Yes, like these two guys:
    [​IMG]

That's Jim Boone, Studio Development Director, on the left who returned to the company in October 2017 after Agents of Mayhem was released to disappointing sales, and Josh Stinson (aka Chip Cheezum), Video Editor/Stream Czar, on the right who returned in February. Jim Boone has a long history with Volition, and anyone who watched Volition's weekly video streams will remember Josh. So things are looking up! :)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  6. I sometimes wonder if Jim Boone is related to Ed Boone, one of the creators of Mortal Kombat?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    pleasegofuk likes this.
  7. [V] IdolNinja

[V] IdolNinja Volition Staff

Most of our devs have been abducted by aliens and replaced with pod people. I hear them trying to beat down my door now. Send help.

8. Admixon

Admixon Administrator Staff Member

And Volition's streams will come back. I still remember being a part of one stream (as guest with Fan of Saints). It was a such a great experience :)
    stream2.png

pleasegofuk likes this.
  9. Jesus Christ, when you said "late" Ed Boon, I thought he fucking died.

pleasegofuk likes this.
  10. I re corrected it. Sorry.

pleasegofuk likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice