Character Customization Is it possible to reduce the player textures specularity/glossiness editing xtbl files?

So, I believe I just "ported" these two mods from SR-IV to make them work with SR3: Remaster:

"Reasonable Body Slider Mod": https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/reasonable-body-slider-mod.4449/

An edited version of "Skinny & Abs(100%)": https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum...kinny-abs-more-abs-etc-how-you-like-it.15130/

However I'm noticing that the player textures are way too shiny/glossy:

Dry skin 1
vZIIQwO.jpg

Oiled skin 1
pFOt43X.jpg

Dry skin 2
KVOnHb2.png

Oiled skin 2
dw1Xx6Y.png

Dry Skin 3
QScwv7I.png

Oiled skin 3
aDbZCgw.png

So, I was wondering if there is any line/value that I can change in any xtbl file to reduce the amount of specularity of the player textures.
If possible, I want to remove all the glossiness from the "dry" skins, and make the "oiled" skin look like the current "dry" skin from my pictures (or maybe a bit less).

UPDATE

It seems that the value (4) I chose for the normal maps strength in "player_creation_normal_maps.xtbl" was causing this. Reducing the value to at least "3" considerably reduced the issue.

Attachments

• Edited XTBL.rar
    5 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
TTR uses different materials so putting mods made for SR4 can cause problems. You need to have TTR xtbls, edit them and then copy changed values from SR4 mod to your xtbls

TTR uses different materials so putting mods made for SR4 can cause problems. You need to have TTR xtbls, edit them and then copy changed values from SR4 mod to your xtbls
Thanks for the response!

Yeah, I did something like that.

First I extracted the original "player_creation.xtbl" and "player_creation_normal_maps.xtbl" from both SRIV and SRTTR with their respective extracting tools.

Then I compared them with WinMerge and noticed that both "player_creation_normal_maps.xtbl" were identical, so I just applied the change from that mod to the SRTTR xtbl.

In the case of "player_creation.xtbl" there were only 2 lines of text that were different between the originals, so I applied all the changes from the mod and kept those 2 lines intact.

Would it be okay if I post these xtbl files in the mod releases section, labeling them as ports and crediting the original authors?

Back