Iron Saint from the beginning.

Iron_Saint.png

This adds the "Iron Saint" armored suit to Let's Pretend (South-West island, center-most shop.) for $1,000, as well as the "ZinTek T.R.P.R. Suit Blaster" to Friendly Fire for free. (Actually, you get $1 for buying it. Not sure why they did that.) You can get them literally as soon as you enter the city for the first time. The Blaster might be a little OP for early play. But, I mean, who wants to have all those powers and not look the part!?

I didn't edit the prices to keep file conflict to a minimum.

Edits customization_stores.xtbl and store_weapons.xtbl.
Install:

Extract these files into you're Saint's Row IV install directory. That's the place where SaintsRowIV.exe is. If you are asked to overwrite anything else, you'll need to manually add these item in yourself to avoid mod conflict. Look below for a How-To.

Quick How-To

If you want to do this yourself, or you have other mods that add clothing to stores and you don't want to override them. This should only take about 2 minuets.

Extract the contents of misc_tables.vpp_pc
(I use ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.ExtractPackfileGUI)
Open customization_stores.xtbl and store_weapons.xtbl in a txt editor. (I use BoJaN's SR:TT xtbl Editor to quickly look through and then save it in a not-so-jumbled format, then reopen it in Notepad++ to do the actually editing. Get both of those if you don't have them.)

In Notepad++, select customization_stores.xtbl hit Ctl+F and type "Lets", (not "Let's", no apostrophe.) and press enter. You should be taken to the "Let's Pretend" section. This might look kind of intimidating at first, but it's more simple than you think. Four lines under where is says;
<Name>Lets_Pretend</Name> (That's the line you should have highlighted right now)

It should say :
<Items>

Now directly after the ">" press Enter to make a new line under and paste this;

<Store_Item>
<Item>Iron Saint</Item>
<Variants>
</Variants>
</Store_Item>

Hit Ctl+S to save and you're done with the armor.

Now open/navigate to store_weapons.xtbl

This one is a little easier. You don't have to search for anything. Right when you open it up in Notepad++ you should see;
<Weapons_List>
It should be the 5th line down. There are numbers on the left side if you get confused.

Make a new line right under that and paste this
<Entry>
<Weapon>Special-IronSaint</Weapon>
<Unlocked>true</Unlocked>
</Entry>

The "Special-IronSaint" is the Suit Blaster.

Hit Ctl+S to save and done! That's it! Now go be the Iron Saint!

If you want to add any other new clothing or weapons the process is pretty much the same, you just have to know what the item's names are. You can look in the weapons.xtbl to find the them. It should be in the same place you extracted all the other .xtbl files to. You can edit all kinds of things with that. Just be sure to make backups.

Hope this helps people who were looking for this. And maybe it will get more people doing these sorts of mods.

Attachments

• Iron Saint.zip
    8.8 KB · Views: 6,643
Last edited:
This is not an Adult-oriented mod. Moving to regular Mod Releases.

So this mod may have really messed up my weapon cache. I'm showing multiple duplicate items, some bugged weapons that shouldn't be accessible, among other weird problems. Reverting to earlier saves hasn't helped and deleting the files hasn't helped. Any suggestions?

Nevermind, apparently everyone's game is broken.

Last edited:
Back