Introduction, and how I learned to love Saints Row.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Valentine Clarissa Z., Aug 31, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Hello there and a good day to you all!

A lot of you know me as Valentine in the SR Discord. Well, here is me, with a newly minted account and all! Thank you for the warm and fantastic time you all have given me in the server, and I do hope that I can be active here as well. ^^

So my love for Saints Row. I want to preface that I don't intend this to be a hate bandwagon towards GTA, or any other games that I might have mentioned. I got to know GTA first, given their relatively larger popularity even in the 2000s, but then came SR2 into my life around 2013. It was a very, very fun game, I love it! :3 Of course, I have to shamefully admit that I had the "Damn, it looks like GTA" thought, but I didn't call it a ripoff. I just found that it looks similar, but one thing stood out to me among others: Customization, and Comedy.

I love the comedy in the game, the absurdity of it all, all on top of a very, very fun game and experience. I like a fair share of seriousness, but at the same time, I do love things that don't take themselves too seriously. I have enjoyed SR2 vanilla, with flaws and all, and when I found out about GoTR, another entirely new door has opened.

The community is also something that I like because of the relatively small player base, on top of being able to talk to the developers and staff a bit more. Sure, I would love to have more popularity for SR and for Volition, because it's underrated. At the same time though, I like the relatively small and tightly-knit community that we have, and the lack of going to the online / multiplayer direction is a breath of fresh air to me. Do I hate GTA Online? Nah. But at the rate it's going, I am just not a fan of such things.

I have rambled on too much, so I am here once again! Valentine "The Crazy Valkyrie" Clarissa Z., or whatever I am going with this week. ;)

Admixon likes this.
  2. Admixon

Admixon Cybercat Staff Member

Welcome! It's good to see you here :)

Valentine Clarissa Z. likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice