In SR2,Ultor controls Stilwater's politics?

I'm Russian Chinese.I can't understand a company can control politics so much.

In wiki,“As the gang violence increases, Vogel begins to see it as a potential opportunity for Ultor, and thus devises a simple, but twisted plan: allow the gangs of Stilwater to run loose upon the city (specifically Shivington) and cripple each other with their consistent fighting for territory and power. The gang violence would drastically reduce property values throughout the area, giving Ultor the ability to buy up large plots of land for next to nothing. Once they owned the land, Ultor could develop and transform it into prime real-estate for more high-class people, thus yielding greater profits for the company.”

https://saintsrow.fandom.com/wiki/Dane_Vogel

How Vogel can ALLOW the gangs of Stilwater to run loose upon the city?I think Monica Hughes can allow it.Ultor is only a COMPANY,not GOVERNMENT.Vogel is only a CEO of the company,not a mayor.A COMPANY has so big power?

Vogel calls Troy,and Troy had to release the prisoners.A company orders police office to do something illegal.So incredible.

Last edited:

In wiki,“As the gang violence increases, Vogel begins to see it as a potential opportunity for Ultor, and thus devises a simple, but twisted plan: allow the gangs of Stilwater to run loose upon the city (specifically Shivington) and cripple each other with their consistent fighting for territory and power. The gang violence would drastically reduce property values throughout the area, giving Ultor the ability to buy up large plots of land for next to nothing. Once they owned the land, Ultor could develop and transform it into prime real-estate for more high-class people, thus yielding greater profits for the company.”

https://saintsrow.fandom.com/wiki/Dane_Vogel

How Vogel can ALLOW the gangs of Stilwater to run loose upon the city?I think Monica Hughes can allow it.Ultor is only a COMPANY,not GOVERNMENT.Vogel is only a CEO of the company,not a mayor.A COMPANY has so big power?

Vogel calls Troy,and Troy had to release the prisoners.A company orders police office to do something illegal.So incredible.
Well the government really wants money, something big companies can offer.

You said you're Russian Chinese, but you didn't say what country you live in. Are you not familiar with the way politics works in the USA? It's all run by the big companies. Politicians do whatever the big companies pay them to do (they call it "campaign contributions", which is basically bribes). It doesn't really matter what the people need, as long as the politicians get their money. Does it work differently where you live? The game seems pretty realistic to me, but of course a bit exaggerated for fun.

You said you're Russian Chinese, but you didn't say what country you live in. Are you not familiar with the way politics works in the USA? It's all run by the big companies. Politicians do whatever the big companies pay them to do (they call it "campaign contributions", which is basically bribes). It doesn't really matter what the people need, as long as the politicians get their money. Does it work differently where you live? The game seems pretty realistic to me, but of course a bit exaggerated for fun.
I'm a quarter Mongolian and three quarters Russian mixed-race.I'm a citizen of the PRC.If a company has so big power to control the politics of Beijing or Shanghai,Mr Xi will be angry and eliminate it.
In China,Ma Yun and Wang Jianlin are only rich men,they could't control politics.It's all run by the government.

Last edited:
Thats how politics work in this continent my friend, someone offers and the politics give something in exchange. Which is exactly what happens in SR2. Ultor offered a way to clean stillwater, so he gained the power to control almost the entire city, thats why the SPD responded to him.

I'm a quarter Mongolian and three quarters Russian mixed-race.I'm a citizen of the PRC.If a company has so big power to control the politics of Beijing or Shanghai,Mr Xi will be angry and eliminate it.
It sounds like your system is very different than ours (I'm American). Now I understand why our politics seems shocking to you. We keep giving more and more of our money here to the super rich people so they have all the power and the common people have less and less. It's not good.

But welcome to the forum! We always welcome people from all over the world, and it's interesting to hear your reaction to USA politics.

It sounds like your system is very different than ours (I'm American). Now I understand why our politics seems shocking to you. We keep giving more and more of our money here to the super rich people so they have all the power and the common people have less and less. It's not good.

But welcome to the forum! We always welcome people from all over the world, and it's interesting to hear your reaction to USA politics.
Thanks.Businessmen are low status in China,government has great power.As a populus nation,Chinese government is unimaginable rich.A businessman can be rich in China,because he must rely on the government.So it's "官本位".

Thanks.Businessmen are low status in China,government has great power.As a populus nation,Chinese government is unimaginable rich...
It seems like its the same in every country -- There are people at the top with unimaginable wealth and power, and the common people are just trying to work hard to survive. I think Saints Row 2 is a reflection upon that. Ultor represents the super rich and powerful, and the Saints represent the common man's struggle to survive. That's probably part of what makes the game so endearing.

Back