In memory of BadMadScientist

[V] IdolNinja

Volition Staff
It is with a heavy heart that I tell you that one of our own, Jarek Klofta aka BadMadScientist, passed away on Thursday September 9, 2014. I knew about Jarek's fight with cancer which had been ongoing for quite some time. It finally spread to his entire body which led to him passing away in his wife's care at home.

Jarek was always so much fun to talk to since he shared a passion for modding. We would both get excited about new discoveries, and we also had a mutual love of gaming, The Witcher games/novels, and Polish food. I truly loved working with him.

Some of his many accomplishments here on the forum were getting mission-only weapons like the Decker Avatar sword and the Gangsta in Space guns to actually work in the open world. He also created unique weapon mods like lightsabers, flaming swords, first person mode, and he contributed code to Sandbox+; including the ability to remove dual wielding, weapon switching, and the dance party command which everyone adored.

Jarek, you will be deeply missed. Like any great man, you touched people's lives and left the world a better place. I can't think of a more fitting tribute than this video from a user who loved your dance party code so much. Bringing this kind of joy into people's lives is what I will always remember you for.

BMS made some awesome contributions to this forum and was always a great guy to talk to in group chat.

My thoughts are with his family and friends - he will be missed!

I'm so sorry to hear this news... He will be sorely missed... Even though many may have not had the opportunity to know him personally, myself included, he still made so many people smile with his work. He made such unique mods which will always be remembered and used well into the future, not only bringing enjoyment, but for many, the inspiration to create as well.

I offer my condolences to his friends and family. May it be known he'll be remembered and missed.

tumblr_lzu0cj22J11rp8pduo1_500.gif

My condolences for his wife and the rest of his family.

Think about how much potential he could've had by contributing to the development or by developing himself mods using the upcoming full release of the SDK...

We've lost a good man and a very talented modder,rest in peace.

Back