I'm having a major problem with the npc table cruncher

I just got the npc table cruncher today and it barely works. When I click it just Boots up for the slightest second and closes. I tried trouble shooting it and It said the application doesn't support the computer. I also really want a simple step by step guide on how to work the npc cruncher. This is a major help thank you

Volition's NPC Table File Cruncher essentially converts NPC ".xtbl" files (cannot be read by the game) into ".cvtf" files (can be read by the game).
These files control the colours of customization items, as well as the probability of an NPC spawning with that item equipped.
They also control an NPC's default gameplay voice, and body morph (though only morphs dictated by the NPC's .morph_pc will work).

How to use Volition's NPC Table Cruncher:
(Included in Shaundi's Secret Stash)

Step 1.
Edit the .xtbl file of any NPC how you wish.
The name at the top of the file must match the name of the .cvtf you wish to produce from the .xtbl.​

Step 2.
COPY and PASTE your edited .xtbl into the "tables" folder.
Open "_Run SR2 NPC Table Crunch.bat" with a text editor (Notepad).
Make sure "output_name" is followed by the name of the .cvtf you wish to produce. (Again, this must match the name at the top of the .xtbl file.)
Make sure "variant_table" is followed by "tables\" and the name of the .xtbl you copied into the "tables" folder.

Example:
npc_maero.xtbl has "<Name>npc_maero</Name>" at the top of the file.
The contents of "_Run SR2 NPC Table Crunch.bat" should look like this:​
"sr2_npc_table_crunch.exe -output_name npc_maero.cvtf -variant_table tables\npc_maero.xtbl"​

Step 3.
SAVE "_Run SR2 NPC Table Crunch.bat".
RUN "_Run SR2 NPC Table Crunch.bat".
You new .cvtf should appear in the same folder as "_Run SR2 NPC Table Crunch.bat".​

Hope this helps!

Back