I found this on the news today...

I don't think many people realize what just happened. Say goodbye to freedom of speech online. Starting yesterday the USA no longer controls the Internet, which we have controlled since its invention.
Obama made sure control was handed over to foreign bodies despite our congress fighting him. That means that as of yesterday, the UN controls it. That means Russia, China, Iran and other countries have a say in what you post.
That means that a group of elitists can remove things they find offensive. Look up ICANN and more about it. ICANN will now be controlled by many countries instead of just us.
We will soon see more and more censorship online. We already are seeing it with our news. In other words, eventually we will only see and hear what the UN/government wants us to. We will be like China and Russia.
Did you know that Obama has plans to head the UN after he leaves office? Look it up.
We are moving very fast towards a new world order and one world government. Believe it.

http://tech.firstpost.com/news-anal...ontrol-of-internet-to-icann-today-338508.html

that sounds quite tinfoil hatty as a non american :p. the worst thing the UN has done is promote Emma Watson's counterproductive feminist campaign. if there were to be censorship, the people would just fight against it until they won, or until someone made a new internet.

To be perfectly honest, I'm more afraid of Facebook taking over the Internet than I am of Russia or China taking it over!
Yes that does worry me too :(

Back