Huge Problem With PC Controller - SR 2022 and SRTT Remastered

Okay so real quick, I purchased the bundle with SRTT and SR 2022 from Epic and I can't control the character to even get past the first mission.

I am using an XBox One controller on PC, bluetooth and sometimes USB connected. I haven't even tried the buttons yet, but the controller is all over the place! The analog sticks are useless, and I can't even figure out how to get the character to move forward in either game. I tried editing the controller settings in the menu, but I can't find any way to get the two analog sticks to work together like they usually do in character moving and sandbox games for the past two decades.

Is there some weirdness or mapping problem with the XBox One controller? Is this an Epic Games issue? Because neither game works in the standard way.

Oh, and every time I press the analog sticks in (L3 and R3) I get weird menus.

Anyway, I assume I am doing something wrong or maybe I should use one of my Playstation controllers, or my Xbox 360 controller? Just in case this problem isn't fixable, I force closed both games so I can still be eligible for a refund. Because as of now, lol these games are unplayable, and I am not new to SR. Been playing these games since 2006.

Okay, as an update to this, I searched Reddit, and found a few threads where users complained that the games didn't with the new'ish controllers via Bluetooth, but that they were able to get it to work by connecting the XBone controller to the PC via th USB cable. That sort of worked, in that at least I could move the boss/character somewhat and the controller buttons I was able to test seemed to work. The problem now is even with the controller connected via USB, the game is still unplayable, because the camera flies left, right, up, down, and looking around around the horizontal plane.

So I can't get the camera to move slowly enough to actually play the game, but the directions themelves are all okay. I did try reducing the sensitivity incrementally, but even finally setting both vertical and horizontal to "0" on both the main control section and in the Gamepad menu didn't solve the problem.

I thought it might be a controller issue, but it isn't. I just tested the same controller on all my Steam games, all my OG GTA Trilogy games (not DE) and SR2, SRTT, SRIV, and GooH, and they all work fine.

I think this may be an EGS issue, as whenever I play fortnite through it, my inputs are constantly switched between controller and kbm.

If you add the game on steam as a non steam game and launch it, it will use steams control config. which works for me

EGS is weird with controllers. A fix is to use a HidHide & Joystick Gremlin to tell your PC what not to register and what control scheme to use. Another fix (works for me) is to only have EGS running if you're going to use a Controller. As in exit Steam/Origin/Ubisoft and all other PC platforms. Start up the game, once you hit the main menu, turn on your controller and it connects and runs properly. Once you boot up Steam, the 2 programs conflict somehow and the controller ends up being useless on EGS.

Did you add them to Steam with the "Add a non-Steam game to your library" function?

It ended up being a moot point. I was finally able to get my XBone controller to work, but it to function properly, I had to have it plugged into the PC via USB, as Bluetooth didn't work with either game on the Epic platform for me. Oddly enough, I was able to get the games to work fine with my PS4 and PS5 controller, but didn't find that out until much later. Anyway, when I finally got the game working with my XBOne controller, wired, and played through the first mission, I was a little frustrated, and I was also not particularly impressed with the gameplay and feel of the first mission. So, I asked a rep from Epic if they would extend my refund window from 2 to 3 hours, so I could actually see if I liked the game, and they said no. So I just threw my hands up and refunded the game. Que Sera and all. I will wait for the game to come out on Steam and then a month or two after that, I will buy it on a deep sale.

Oddly enough, an hour or two after I refunded the SR2022 bundle, SRTT: Remastered went on sale on Steam for like $15.00. So I grabbed it and applied @Kizburger's nude mod. The game worked perfectly right out of the biox with all my controllers, USB or wireless.

Okay so real quick, I purchased the bundle with SRTT and SR 2022 from Epic and I can't control the character to even get past the first mission.

I am using an XBox One controller on PC, bluetooth and sometimes USB connected. I haven't even tried the buttons yet, but the controller is all over the place! The analog sticks are useless, and I can't even figure out how to get the character to move forward in either game. I tried editing the controller settings in the menu, but I can't find any way to get the two analog sticks to work together like they usually do in character moving and sandbox games for the past two decades.

Is there some weirdness or mapping problem with the XBox One controller? Is this an Epic Games issue? Because neither game works in the standard way.

Oh, and every time I press the analog sticks in (L3 and R3) I get weird menus.

Anyway, I assume I am doing something wrong or maybe I should use one of my Playstation controllers, or my Xbox 360 controller? Just in case this problem isn't fixable, I force closed both games so I can still be eligible for a refund. Because as of now, lol these games are unplayable, and I am not new to SR. Been playing these games since 2006.

I also have facing the same problem.I'm delighted I came on your post. I located it. While looking for it online, I also came across the website https://letsgradeit.com/review/samedayessay/ where I can quickly read reviews for an online essay writer.
I also have facing the same problem.

Last edited:
I also have facing the same problem.

You may have to refund the game if you want your XBOne controller to work seamlessly without your USB cable connected to the PC. There may be another solution to the problem with EG and your XBox controller, but I didn't get that far. If you are past the refund time, you might want to try your PS4/PS5 controller. I was able to get both of those to work without any issues.

Back