"How to remove the starting cutscenes?" and "How to extract the music?"

So I want to know how I can remove those annoying cutscenes that start every time you start SR2, you know? The logos and such, especially GameSpy, it's annoying to always see it and it's not even skipable, arrogant bastards I say. Just want my game to "quickstart".

Also, how can I extract the songs? There are some from bands, that I know, like Duran Duran, Loverboy, Helmet and so on, but what about those in the clubs and the shops?

There is no way to remove the starting splash screens for gamespy and THQ afaik.

There is a rudimentary tool that was released to extract audio, but it has serious problems. The audio quality sounds almost like it was recorded in a wind tunnel. It's a shame that the author disappeared and never finished it. Here's the original thread if you're still interested:
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4391&sid=19bcbece69f92f550ffa456ac3982592

Go to your sr3 folder and edit display.ini, add this line: SkipIntroVideo = true

Take a look again at what forum you are actually in.

There is no way to remove the starting splash screens for gamespy and THQ afaik.

There is a rudimentary tool that was released to extract audio, but it has serious problems. The audio quality sounds almost like it was recorded in a wind tunnel. It's a shame that the author disappeared and never finished it. Here's the original thread if you're still interested:
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4391&sid=19bcbece69f92f550ffa456ac3982592

Thanks for the info, too bad you can't remove the cutscenes and extract music without any loss.

Hey, with what Volition's proposing, you think that we're now able to extract the music easily and smoothly as well as remove the starting cutscenes?

I know this is almost two months old but I wanted to add something. I never had a problem skipping the THQ and Volition intros but I have to wait for the GameSpy one. Just hit X/A or Start on the controller depending if you use a PS3 or Xbox controller or hit Enter on the keyboard.

As for audio extracting no, not really, like Idol said that link leads to a very basic tool that isn't even complete and even then I'm pretty sure all the links are down for it. I think yeah probably if Volition is able to fix the sound banks they'll release the tools for accessing the audio files.

I know this is almost two months old but I wanted to add something. I never had a problem skipping the THQ and Volition intros but I have to wait for the GameSpy one. Just hit X/A or Start on the controller depending if you use a PS3 or Xbox controller or hit Enter on the keyboard.

As for audio extracting no, not really, like Idol said that link leads to a very basic tool that isn't even complete and even then I'm pretty sure all the links are down for it. I think yeah probably if Volition is able to fix the sound banks they'll release the tools for accessing the audio files.
Or just rename logo_volition_hd and logo_thq_hd to something else, the gamespy logo is unskippable though (maybe it's there in the preload file?)

Or just rename logo_volition_hd and logo_thq_hd to something else, the gamespy logo is unskippable though (maybe it's there in the preload file?)

That's a nice tweak, thanks. Too bad for the Gamespy one, it's really annoying and I wish we could find a way to remove it.

Kind of funny how you can't skip Gamespy's one, they were always rather arrogant.

That's a nice tweak, thanks. Too bad for the Gamespy one, it's really annoying and I wish we could find a way to remove it.

Kind of funny how you can't skip Gamespy's one, they were always rather arrogant.
It's because the gamespy one is a texture, not a bnk video.

Back