How to fix Tiny Weapon & Unchanged Clip Size

Working on a Mod called 43rd GunVary for SR4 while making a New Tutorial that includes using Blender
- I thought I did the Export/Import right (Imports FBX 2013 Binary to Blender 2.78 & Exports FBX 7.4 Binary to Maya 2015)
- Made Clone Costume Folder of Weapon (9mm Tactical) > Renamed Edited Mesh to Match Clone Folder
- Weight Painted Mesh solid white via Flood (bone_root to Weapon Mesh & not Clip)
- Imported into SR4 FBX Converter > Picked "ir_at_bbsimple1" Shader > Toggle Rigx, Cmeshx & Matlibx > Click Convert
- Package > Select Clone Folder > Drag & Drop New Items (asm, xtbl, le_strings, etc) from Clone Folder into the SR4 Workshop Uploader > File > New > Upload, Name, Description, Visibility & Picture > Upload
- Subscribe = This Glitched Mess = Why is Gun Tiny & Clips Short?
Test.2 GunVary - Pistol-Q Officer Long.png
Test.2 GunVary - Pistol-Q Officer Long Equipt.jpg

1) You are using wrong XYZ coodinate grid, you should use Z as up axis but export FBX with Y as up

2)You didn't use bone root scale to 2.54 or your system unit isn't a centimeter
3)The position of all weapon's parts as the magazine, muzzle flash, handle, shell eject defined by some helpers\tags, I have experimented with them in Blender but in my case SDK didn't convert them for some reason so this parts always laid in zero position.

Also, don't set Maya flag in SDK

Last edited:
1) You are using wrong XYZ coodinate grid, you should use Z as up axis but export FBX with Y as up

2)You didn't use bone root scale to 2.54 or your system unit isn't a centimeter
3)The position of all weapon's parts as the magazine, muzzle flash, handle, shell eject defined by some helpers\tags, I have experimented with them in Blender but in my case SDK didn't convert them for some reason so this parts always laid in zero position.

Also, don't set Maya flag in SDK
1) = 1. Could this be a problem (Lukong1515_pis_lgt_9m = Weapon)? also Confused so I set Axis to Z in World Coordinate System & in Export > Options > File Type Specific Options > Axis Conversion > Up Axis: Y?
upload_2018-8-23_16-3-27.png
upload_2018-8-23_16-3-46.png

Your not Referring 2. also if its already in Y up and Exports in Y up = Good or No?
2) = 4. & 5. Okay Switched to Centimeters, but Bone Root was already 2.54
3) That is okay, think the Clip Mesh did change size and is okay...I just couldn't tell with weapon deformed

Maya Flag = How to avoid?

upload_2018-8-23_15-44-10.png
upload_2018-8-23_15-49-4.png

upload_2018-8-23_15-50-19.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-23_15-49-1.png
    upload_2018-8-23_15-49-1.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:
1) You weapon should has real size in centimeters, this pistol is around 15 sentimeter in lenght, with bone root 1.0 scale. Check it.
2) Barrel should lay parallel by Y axis
3) Root bone shouldn't has any rotation transform, weapon's mesh too

I recommend you download this weapons pack it didn't has Y transform like SDK templates and has real size, also I am not sure about fbx2013, I always use 2014

Last edited:
1) You weapon should has real size in centimeters, this pistol is around 15 sentimeter in lenght, with bone root 1.0 scale. Check it.
2) Barrel should lay parallel by Y axis
3) Root bone shouldn't has any rotation transform, weapon's mesh too

I recommend you download this weapons pack it didn't has Y transform like SDK templates and has real size, also I am not sure about fbx2013, I always use 2014

1) The Working Units are in Centimeters, but when I scale the Bone Root from 2.54 to 1.0, the Gun gets Smaller...therefore should I scale the Gun up to what 25.4 or 3.93?

2) It was when using Y Axis only, but during Editing should I use the X Axis & in Converting use Y Axis or use Y axis only?

3) Bone Root doesn't have rotation. I realize if I change the -90 on the Mesh then I need to change the World Coordinate System to Z, but I have rotate the Clip & Tags

"I am not sure about FBX2013..."
I have to use FBX Binary 2013 for Editing it in Blender, I could make this mod in Maya, but for Complex Reshaping, I want to use what I know...I even thought I could avoid Maya w/Autodesk's FBX Converter if Blender was able to Export FBX like Maya. I'll probably test to see if 2014 FBX ASCII or Binary could fix the problem.

"Download this weapons pack..."
Which Templates are those...I think I downloaded it already, is this pack New?

Testing again, I think it fixed itself by me reloading the File in Z World Coordinate System.

Last edited:
Okay After Testing [Fix4 + Compare to Fix3 to fix Clip = Fix5]
1. I scaled Clip & Bone_Root to 25.4 = Weapon is Proper size, but Clip is misplaced
2. I exported as FBX 2014 Binary & Z Up (I think the World & Export Axis Up needs to Match)
3. I removed Rotation via Select Bone_root > Attribute Editor > Right-Click Rotate X > Unlock Selected > Change -90 to 0

Results of Fix4 - Shooting comes from Clip like Empties/Tags are the Clip- Shooting comes from Clip like Empties/Tags are the Clip
Test.2 GunVary - Pistol-Q Officer Long Error 2.png

The Following is Pre-Fix5 (2013 FBX Binary)...didn't fix anything Fix5 = Fix4
Bone_Root
upload_2018-8-24_16-25-27.png
Gunmag Tag
upload_2018-8-24_16-26-16.png
Bone_Clip
upload_2018-8-24_16-27-3.png
Weapon Mesh
upload_2018-8-24_16-27-50.png

Last edited:
Back