How to create body textures?

I really want to make a robotic texture for the female body, but I don't know how to. With body texture I'm talking about something like "Viper's SRIV Body mods".

Do you know where can I find a tutorial or something?

You'll need GIMP, with dds plugins, at the very least.
You'll need Minimaul's tools; Build and Extract build executables (gui helps). Extract your body with ExtractBuildGUI...I'd make a folder you can work from for ALL textures, I named mine "Extacted Textures SRIV". You'll need SR3TextureToolsv6...over on this Scanti thread...to extract textures from str_pc files and such. (easiest way to use Scanti's tools is just copy your cpeg_pc and gpeg_pc to the extracted folder for SR3TextureToolsv6 and drag and drop the cpeg_pc on the unpack executable...poof, DDS to manipulate in GIMP. Reverse process, drag and drop cpeg_pc onto Repack executable after you export DDSs to SR3TextureToolsV6 folder, BuildPackfile for the body, stream update and test.

You'll know which STr_pc files to use by looking at full retextures like Viper's, so extract textures (there's a tutorial on full game extraction). Just be sure to get your working folders straight in your mind. cpeg+gpeg get copied from extraction to Texture tools folder, drag and drop cpeg on Unpack, fiddle in GIMP, export to DDS rgb DXT1 (remove alpha layers if you added layers in your manipulation, compression causes BIGGER compression pixels (square looking stuff in normal maps shows this compression glitch). It'll still have compression glitches, but not as EASY TO SEE in game. Textures aren't that hard with practice and getting it right within the learning curve. Now, creation from scratch is not what I am talking about here...only manipulation of existing. Creation needs a keen and imaginative mind that already knows how to use the tools...so you'll need to decide whether you share or not on full understanding.

There are some tutorials out there, but you have to read almost all the forums here. :p You get it piece by piece if you look at what mod assets there are for what it is you want to mod. It's always hard to get help if you are just starting, folks that have been around figured that shit out long ago and have hesitation reliving those moments of stupid we all have in finding the simple way as opposed to the hard way. Such is life. Having said all that, Good luck. I'll follow this thread, possible could turn into something sticky worthy.

You'll need GIMP, with dds plugins, at the very least.
You'll need Minimaul's tools; Build and Extract build executables (gui helps). Extract your body with ExtractBuildGUI...I'd make a folder you can work from for ALL textures, I named mine "Extacted Textures SRIV". You'll need SR3TextureToolsv6...over on this Scanti thread...to extract textures from str_pc files and such. (easiest way to use Scanti's tools is just copy your cpeg_pc and gpeg_pc to the extracted folder for SR3TextureToolsv6 and drag and drop the cpeg_pc on the unpack executable...poof, DDS to manipulate in GIMP. Reverse process, drag and drop cpeg_pc onto Repack executable after you export DDSs to SR3TextureToolsV6 folder, BuildPackfile for the body, stream update and test.

You'll know which STr_pc files to use by looking at full retextures like Viper's, so extract textures (there's a tutorial on full game extraction). Just be sure to get your working folders straight in your mind. cpeg+gpeg get copied from extraction to Texture tools folder, drag and drop cpeg on Unpack, fiddle in GIMP, export to DDS rgb DXT1 (remove alpha layers if you added layers in your manipulation, compression causes BIGGER compression pixels (square looking stuff in normal maps shows this compression glitch). It'll still have compression glitches, but not as EASY TO SEE in game. Textures aren't that hard with practice and getting it right within the learning curve. Now, creation from scratch is not what I am talking about here...only manipulation of existing. Creation needs a keen and imaginative mind that already knows how to use the tools...so you'll need to decide whether you share or not on full understanding.

There are some tutorials out there, but you have to read almost all the forums here. :p You get it piece by piece if you look at what mod assets there are for what it is you want to mod. It's always hard to get help if you are just starting, folks that have been around figured that shit out long ago and have hesitation reliving those moments of stupid we all have in finding the simple way as opposed to the hard way. Such is life. Having said all that, Good luck. I'll follow this thread, possible could turn into something sticky worthy.
Once again you saved my day :D

Back