How to change billboards?

I want to replace the files mod "Russian Billboards and something special" and paste on the billboards in the game other pictures. Using ExtractPackfileGUI I unzipped the mod file, which contained two files .cpeg_pc and .gpeg_pc. With SR3UnpackTextures I unarchived the pictures of all the billboards, in DDS format. With the internet converter I converted these files to PNG, changed them with Paint, and then converted them back to DDS.
What do I do next? Have I made any mistakes? Do I need to put the pictures into .cpeg_pc format? - If yes, how?

Don't convert them. Open them with Gimp or Paint.net, edit and save changes but don't convert.
Check the tutorial I made: https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/editing-saving-and-packing-textures.18063/
I was able to change the billboards just by throwing gpeg_pc and cpeg_pc into the game files, but for some reason the whole world has a brown tint. Maybe Saints Row IV - Workshop upload tool can help fix this?
Снимок_2021_12_27_02_02_48_193.png

That's the way it was from the beginning:
Снимок_2021_12_27_02_06_22_525.png

Last edited:
I was able to change the billboards just by throwing gpeg_pc and cpeg_pc into the game files
Maybe that's why it's broken now. Check if the edited texture has the same size as before, check if the file name ends with .tga.DDS, repack cpeg_pc file using SR3RepackTextures tool, pack both files using Workshop tool and save ass vpp_pc file to mods folder. Make sure to remove the mod you replaced textures of, otherwise it can cause bugs too

Maybe that's why it's broken now. Check if the edited texture has the same size as before, check if the file name ends with .tga.DDS, repack cpeg_pc file using SR3RepackTextures tool, pack both files using Workshop tool and save ass vpp_pc file to mods folder. Make sure to remove the mod you replaced textures of, otherwise it can cause bugs too
Send me the file Saints Row IV - Workshop upload tool
Снимок_2021_12_27_02_50_28_784.png
For some reason, when I try to go to the download link of the upload tool, I get the error "Product key is already activated".

Last edited:
I hate buggy Steam. Anyway, I installed the Workshop upload tool, used it, and the brown tint disappeared. Thanks, now I can modify mods.

Last edited:
I have a problem, SR3UnpackTextures works only once, and then does not turn on. I have to restart the computer to make it work again. How do I fix this?

Just move cpeg file over SR3UnpackTextures and drop to unpack textures. How were you able to do it before?

Back