How do you play the OGG files?

I need to listen to the OGG files from Saints Row 4 to determine what songs they are so I can make my custom radio station, but I've tried 3 different media players and none of them will play the files. For the record, I used the Saints Row 3 audio tools to convert the renamed .wavs to .oggs and used those converted oggs in the media players, but none of them work, not even why I try to do Saints Row 3 editing. Yes, I do have the packed_codebooks.bin in the directory, but when I drag the wavs to the ww2ogg.exe and try to play the resulting ogg file, they don't work.

So how can I listen to these ogg files since Volition is currently indisposed give us the song list (being busy, I understand that this is something I'm trying to ask the community right now)?

Last edited:
Volition devs are doing this all in their free time. Don't be a dick.
Sorry, not trying to sound like a dick :( I was more trying to ask if the community had any ideas or the same problem as I did, not trying to accuse Volition of anything. I'll edit the OP so it doesn't come off that way. Should've used "can't" instead of "won't". Connotation/Denotation and all that...

It might help if you specify the media players you have tried.

VLC media player, MPC-HC, and foobar. I also tried to use the audio tools to convert the wavs to oggs then import them to Audacity but it just gives me static or crashes audacity.

In order to play the vorbis files from SR:TT you have to use ww2ogg to "repack" the files to ogg vorbis files. Then, you need the tool revorb to fix the incorrect granulepos.

The problem for SRIV seems that the revorb tool crashes (at least for me). I don't know why, maybe it's an error on my end so give it a go. Worst Case: Volition changed something with their AudioKinetic Wwise code and someone has to update the ww2ogg tool :-/

Last edited:
In order to play the vorbis files from SR:TT you have to use ww2ogg to "repack" the files to ogg vorbis files. Then, you need the tool revorb to fix the incorrect granulepos.

The problem for SRIV seems that the revorb tool crashes (at least for me). I don't know why, maybe it's an error on my end so give it a go. Worst Case: Volition changed something with their AudioKinetic Wwise code and someone has to update the ww2ogg tool :-/

MfG
Bluemond

Seems they did change something, I matched a song EXACTLY with it's internal file name (took 5 hours for 1 song, jeez) and then did the whole process for making a custom radio stations (though with the Saints Row IV unpacking/packing tools) and I was able to "replace" the one song, but unfortunately it's just blank audio. It must be looking for something that they changed that we don't know yet. I hope we know soon, there's only 5 bearable tracks in the soundtrack, and I've been listening to them for the past 2 1/2 hours x_x, my conclusion on that is: "What is Love is god damn annoying after the 5th listen!" I can't wait to just be able to play my Metal... It will make the game SOOOO much more playable than it is for me now. Hopefully others like me are working on this and (like a bunch of monkeys at typewriters) it all comes together soon :p

What did you use to convert your song? The Wwise tool from 2010 that is uploaded here on the forum? I actually downloaded the newer Wwise 2013 tool from the audiokinetic website itself and converted a song. Then i tried to convert it back using the ww2ogg tool and the revorb tool and the revorb tool crashed like it did for the sriv songs. I haven't tried to repack my own song into sriv yet because i have to wait 2h until i can test it ingame.

I also found the sourcecode for the revorb tool and tried to debug it a bit... Afaik there is a problem with reading the vorbis information (the variable for that is not updated and just contains nil-pointers, so the program crashes when it tries to read some of them...)... maybe audiokinetic changed something how the vorbis information is handled and that is also the reason you cant use your song created with the older tool? Just wild speculations tho...

I'll try to add my own songs to the game later and report the results... :p

What did you use to convert your song? The Wwise tool from 2010 that is uploaded here on the forum? I actually downloaded the newer Wwise 2013 tool from the audiokinetic website itself and converted a song. Then i tried to convert it back using the ww2ogg tool and the revorb tool and the revorb tool crashed like it did for the sriv songs. I haven't tried to repack my own song into sriv yet because i have to wait 2h until i can test it ingame.

I also found the sourcecode for the revorb tool and tried to debug it a bit... Afaik there is a problem with reading the vorbis information (the variable for that is not updated and just contains nil-pointers, so the program crashes when it tries to read some of them...)... maybe audiokinetic changed something how the vorbis information is handled and that is also the reason you cant use your song created with the older tool? Just wild speculations tho...

I'll try to add my own songs to the game later and report the results... :p
Well I used ww2ogg before on the sr4 songs and the program didn't crash, it DID produce an ogg file but it was unplayable in all media players (except media player classic, which just gives me a scratchy, rapid, electronic sound like electronic running water or something). I think audiokinetic IS changed and we don't have the current official release on those (yet). But yes, PLEASE report back what happens if you try to add songs, because I just get no audio when I tried, but the DJ says the song played :p

Back