Help with making lipstick less shiny

Alright so I have spend the better part of 3 days now trying to figure this out, I really really dislike how shiny the lipsticks in game are it bothers me alot. I just want a no shine lipstick option, think matte lipstick.

I have tried eidting the lipstick stuff found in the customize_item (custmesh_1253780963) and customize_player (player_lips.str2_pc) with no success at all, I know I can edit the textures and get them working because I did so with a custom player skin already.

Nothing is working, I am more then willing to do the leg work but I need to know how. I even opened cm_lipsg.ccmesh_pc in a hex editor and still can not figure it out sadly...

Alittle help would be amazing. ):

Yes! That is exactly what I was hoping for (I dont get why they are so shiny it looks like a oil slick lol), I will admit I am currently really really tired from RL stuff and maybe that is why I am having such trouble... but I would like a screen shot please. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out here. :)

No problem. Happy to help :). These instructions are for Saints Row 4, but they should still apply since the link I posted was for SR3 and I was able to do it in SR4.

I unpacked custmesh_-542699930f.str2_pc which the game identifies as <String Name="player_lips">LIPSTICK</String> in customize_us. Then I opened cf_lipsx.ccmesh_pc with a hex editor:

T0b2xmR.png

I don't know what the "42" on line 00000510 does. Leaving it alone works. Changing it to 00 also worked. Probably best to leave it alone. If for some reason there are any other values on those two lines you can very likely change them to 00 as well.

After that I just repacked the files and put custmesh_-542699930f.str2_pc and an updated customize_item.asm_pc in my SR4 folder (well, technically Inauguration folder because I do a lot of my minor edits in it) and it worked.

Thank you! It does seem to be mostly working. Only it does not seem to work on some of the brighter shades (like the brightest red or white) which is kinda odd?

Thank you! It does seem to be mostly working. Only it does not seem to work on some of the brighter shades (like the brightest red or white) which is kinda odd?
For me I can see the difference in the reds (I compared them with the mod and without while taking screenshots), but yeah I don't see a difference in white. Bright vs dark colors sometimes annoys me when I edit clothes, too. These games can be so annoying to mod sometimes haha.

Well its much better then it was, so thank you so much. I dont normally mod for SR so its been kinda interesting trying to learn it all lol.

Back