Help with Learning Homies.xtbl Modding

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum but I have been a long-time lurker.

I have just started modding SRTT and am eager to learn as I go along. My goal is to eventually make a police simulator out of SRTT.

I am starting out with the homies.xtbl file. I wish to make the Saints Backup homies into cops so that it looks like you are calling police backup. I've extracted the misc_tables.vpp_pc file and have taken out a copy of the homies.xtbl file for modding. What I want to know is the following:

1) Where are the models for each of the homies stored?
2) What file holds the "flags" for the homie variables?
3) Do you have to repackage the modded files back into a .vpp_pc?
4) As long as I don't save my game, will these mods not transfer over to my other saves?

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum but I have been a long-time lurker.

I have just started modding SRTT and am eager to learn as I go along. My goal is to eventually make a police simulator out of SRTT.

I am starting out with the homies.xtbl file. I wish to make the Saints Backup homies into cops so that it looks like you are calling police backup. I've extracted the misc_tables.vpp_pc file and have taken out a copy of the homies.xtbl file for modding. What I want to know is the following:

1) Where are the models for each of the homies stored?
2) What file holds the "flags" for the homie variables?
3) Do you have to repackage the modded files back into a .vpp_pc?
4) As long as I don't save my game, will these mods not transfer over to my other saves?
I have modded homies in both srtt and sr4 and I can answer these questions for you.
as for your first question you can reference the character field in the character.xtbl file.
the flags I'm not sure about, however I would ask hoeward or idolninja if it is a big part of your mod.
the answer to number 3 is no, just drag the edited files to your SRTT root directory.
as for number 4 they affect any save you load until you remove the mod. it does not matter if you do or do not save your game.

Thank you, biotear. That was very helpful.

What I'd like to know in regards to modifying homies is how to change the "SAINTS BACKUP" homies? I've been able to change Pierce and "SWAT TEAM" homies but can't change the ones called for Saints Backup. Are they located somewhere else?

Flags are more of an interest thing, but if they can allow a homie called in to pilot and/or attack enemies for you in a chopper, then I might need them.

Right now, my goal is to make the homies you call as if they were police backup:
a) Two cops in a police car
b) Two detectives
c) 4 SWAT in a SWAT Truck/APC
d) Police Chopper support
etc.

If you or anyone else can help me with this, I'd be very thankful.

Thank you, biotear. That was very helpful.

What I'd like to know in regards to modifying homies is how to change the "SAINTS BACKUP" homies? I've been able to change Pierce and "SWAT TEAM" homies but can't change the ones called for Saints Backup. Are they located somewhere else?

Flags are more of an interest thing, but if they can allow a homie called in to pilot and/or attack enemies for you in a chopper, then I might need them.

Right now, my goal is to make the homies you call as if they were police backup:
a) Two cops in a police car
b) Two detectives
c) 4 SWAT in a SWAT Truck/APC
d) Police Chopper support
etc.

If you or anyone else can help me with this, I'd be very thankful.
I wouldn't know how to change the amount, but you can change the vehicle, vehicle variant, and model for saints backup. the entries are in the homies.xbtl file.

Would you possibly know how to add a second vehicle to a homie contact?

Ex:
<Homie>
<Name>SAINTS_BACKUP</Name>
<Humans>
<Human> (some model)</Human>
<Human>(some model)</Human>
</Humans>
<Vehicle_Entry>

<Vehicle>car_4dr_police01</Vehicle> <--------------------
<Vehicle_Variant>ultimate</Vehicle_Variant> <--------------------This is a default, modded entry

<Vehicle_Variant>ultimate</Vehicle_Variant> <--------------------(Possible to have two vehicles show up?)

</Vehicle_Entry>

Would you possibly know how to add a second vehicle to a homie contact?

Ex:
<Homie>
<Name>SAINTS_BACKUP</Name>
<Humans>
<Human> (some model)</Human>
</Humans>
<Vehicle_Entry>

<Vehicle_Variant>ultimate</Vehicle_Variant> <--------------------This is a default, modded entry

<Vehicle_Variant>ultimate</Vehicle_Variant> <--------------------(Possible to have two vehicles show up?)

</Vehicle_Entry>
sorry, but I have no idea how.

Darn! Do you know any members here I can PM who might know the answer?

Lastly, is it possible to replace the vehicle in a Vehicle Entry with a helicopter? The first time I tried replacing the homie heli's chopper with a police oppressor, upon calling him, he never showed.

Darn! Do you know any members here I can PM who might know the answer?

Lastly, is it possible to replace the vehicle in a Vehicle Entry with a helicopter? The first time I tried replacing the homie heli's chopper with a police oppressor, upon calling him, he never showed.
as far as I know that is possible could be wrong though, also try PMing hoeward.

OK. I'll do that. I also PMed IdolNinja. I think the last few things I'm wondering will be:
1) How to customize the name that appears in the phone for your contact? (i.e: Change "SWAT TEAM" to "BOMB SQUAD")
2) How to add custom contacts to the phone that coincide with the modified Homies file
3) How to make your homies spawn in a cop car with the siren enabled (like the npc police do)
4) How to make modified homies/vehicles appear in traffic
5) How to lock the number of vehicle seats (ie.: police car will have 2 seats available after modification)

OK. I'll do that. I also PMed IdolNinja. I think the last few things I'm wondering will be:
1) How to customize the name that appears in the phone for your contact? (i.e: Change "SWAT TEAM" to "BOMB SQUAD")
2) How to add custom contacts to the phone that coincide with the modified Homies file
3) How to make your homies spawn in a cop car with the siren enabled (like the npc police do)
4) How to make modified homies/vehicles appear in traffic
5) How to lock the number of vehicle seats (ie.: police car will have 2 seats available after modification)
Have you figured out how to call multiple vehicles at once? Because I managed to spawn a helicopter full of swat members but I'd like to be able to spawn two at a time.

Back