Help with installing SR2 Powertools

Hello, I am new here. I'm having a problem with installing SR2 powertools. Whenever I try to install it, i get this error message:
Capture2.PNG

It says the "device" (whatever that is. possibly the motherboard idk) doesn't support symbolic links, but I created 2 symbolic links of the CMD file yesterday:
Capture4.PNG
and one created itself within the Saints Row 2 directory:
Capture5.PNG
I get the feeling that i did something wrong with the CMD (not pointing it to any files). And yes, I have enabled HPET in my OS, but not in my BIOS, because there isn't an option for it. After i enabled it in my OS, I ran WinTimerTester and these were the results:
Capture.PNG
I'm hoping these are good. Here are my specs if you need them:
Capture3.PNG
Thanks in advance!

The real problem is not running it with elevated privileges. When running the install, right click on it and choose Run as Administrator.

I have exactly the same problem. I tried everything like it was written and explained in the readme and in the forums but nothing worked for me. Same error messages as on your screenshots Smeghead.

The real problem is not running it with elevated privileges. When running the install, right click on it and choose Run as Administrator.

I also tried right click on it and choose Run as Administrator and no positive result. :(

I have to admit that my steam games are not installed on C: - I have all my games installed on a external harddrive which is called F:
Maybe this could affect those problems?

Many thanks in advance for help! :)

If I had to guess, your external hard disk is formatted as FAT32.

The install script creates a symbolic link - FAT32 doesn't support symbolic links.

You need to use Powertools on a hard disk formatted as NTFS.

Edit: as a workaround, once you've copied Powertools.dll to the Saints Row 2 directory, rename it to "DXFreezerServer.dll". Should work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back