Halo: The Master Chief Collection Is Coming To PC, Adds Halo: Reach

Hurray! Another Forger! :D
I'm always amazed at how many people play Halo but have never built a Forge map. That's the best part of the game (and certainly the most unique)!
I just hope we'll be able to transfer all our existing Forge maps from the Xbox version to the new PC version. I'll be hugely disappointed if not.

I'm always amazed at how many people play Halo but have never built a Forge map. That's the best part of the game (and certainly the most unique)!
I just hope we'll be able to transfer all our existing Forge maps from the Xbox version to the new PC version. I'll be hugely disappointed if not.
You should be able to. In order to play the version that's coming out on steam, you have to have a "3rd Party" Xbox live account to even use MCC on pc.
https://imgur.com/a/5n4t9I1

You should be able to. In order to play the version that's coming out on steam, you have to have a "3rd Party" Xbox live account to even use MCC on pc.
https://imgur.com/a/5n4t9I1

As a former forger myself, Im kinda afraid this will be imposible guys :( The MCC works like a library of the campaigns and multiplayer, but it doesnt emulates the original games, this means we dont have acces to the main menu and the shared files from each game.

It was originally like this when it was launched. We can recreate them tho, it has forge for some halo 2 maps, and 3 and 4 are identical to the original 360 version. Yes i was salty too, i had a ton of crazy maps back from the Halo 3 era.

As a former forger myself, Im kinda afraid this will be imposible guys :( The MCC works like a library of the campaigns and multiplayer, but it doesnt emulates the original games, this means we dont have acces to the main menu and the shared files from each game.

It was originally like this when it was launched. We can recreate them tho, it has forge for some halo 2 maps, and 3 and 4 are identical to the original 360 version. Yes i was salty too, i had a ton of crazy maps back from the Halo 3 era.
I'm pretty sure you misunderstood what the question was. The ability to transfer over Xbox One MCC maps/gametypes to Halo MCC on pc when it's released. You should be able to transfer over Xbox one Halo MCC maps to Halo MCC pc version, considering the pc version will "require" the use of a xbox live account. So with that in mind, anything in your Xbox Live Halo MCC fileshare, should automatically sync to the Halo MCC pc version. We are not talking about transferring over "xbox 360" halo maps to halo mcc on xbox one, or halo mcc on pc. However if you are saying on steam it will say like Halo 3, halo 4, etc etc, then I get where you are coming from, but that would be a horrible way for 343 to bring it over to pc. I mean it's great for categorizing which games you want installed, but by default the normal halo mcc mainmenu etc should all be there, and if it's not then 343 is going about it wrong. Could easily just have it open up halo mcc like xbox one does and install/delete whichever halo you dont want to play.

I'm pretty sure you misunderstood what the question was. The ability to transfer over Xbox One MCC maps/gametypes to Halo MCC on pc when it's released. You should be able to transfer over Xbox one Halo MCC maps to Halo MCC pc version, considering the pc version will "require" the use of a xbox live account. So with that in mind, anything in your Xbox Live Halo MCC fileshare, should automatically sync to the Halo MCC pc version. We are not talking about transferring over "xbox 360" halo maps to halo mcc on xbox one, or halo mcc on pc. However if you are saying on steam it will say like Halo 3, halo 4, etc etc, then I get where you are coming from, but that would be a horrible way for 343 to bring it over to pc. I mean it's great for categorizing which games you want installed, but by default the normal halo mcc mainmenu etc should all be there, and if it's not then 343 is going about it wrong. Could easily just have it open up halo mcc like xbox one does and install/delete whichever halo you dont want to play.

My bad then, I understood Quantum post as if he meant the 360 versions :p Then the shared files will do, however they used to be a mess when it was released, im not sure if it has been fixed yet since i dont have the game anymore.

Actually, I was talking about transferring Xbox 360 maps to the PC. I've spent MANY, MANY hours building maps on the Xbox 360 for Halo Reach and Halo 4, and there's NO WAY I'm going to spend all that time to re-create them again on the PC. Without that capability, it significantly diminishes my excitement for an PC version of MCC. That's just foolish that they wouldn't allow maps to be transferred.

Actually, I was talking about transferring Xbox 360 maps to the PC. I've spent MANY, MANY hours building maps on the Xbox 360 for Halo Reach and Halo 4, and there's NO WAY I'm going to spend all that time to re-create them again on the PC. Without that capability, it significantly diminishes my excitement for an PC version of MCC. That's just foolish that they wouldn't allow maps to be transferred.
Oh well weird lol, Halo MCC has been out forever now on Xbox One, and that feature was never brought to light to transfer Xbox 360 maps, etc to Xbox One Halo MCC, I thought it was known knowledge at this point, sorry for assuming you were talking about Xbox One Halo MCC. Every map ever had to be re-made on Halo MCC on Xbox One, because you couldn't transfer your xbox 360 maps to Halo MCC on Xbox One. So to sum it up, I don't see why they would enable Xbox 360 map transfers to Halo MCC on PC when It was never done for Xbox One Halo MCC however Halo MCC on Xbox One, those maps should be able to transfer to Halo MCC on PC

Back