hair from the remaster

Discussion in 'Mod Requests' started by 5ive_8fs, May 23, 2020 at 9:37 PM.

1. chiseled afro hairstyle from the remastered to the original or a replacement of all the hair
    i feel like that would be dope

2. Admixon

Admixon Cybercat Staff Member

We don't have tools to unpack the remaster files so porting stuff isn't possible.

3. Miku Hatsune

Miku Hatsune Modding patch tester

Even if we had the tools, those hairstyles are so detailed, I don't think the game would like that much extra load.
    The hair in the remaster is probably the best I've ever seen still, so it's not a surprise.

4. BeautiDuwanger

BeautiDuwanger Snow White

You will be surprised... they arent complex, nor that great. Model is basically a "Base" hair similar to the originals with extra "paper" meshes over it to simulate the messy hair. Nothing that hasnt been done before.

The mesh complexity doesnt matter, since they rarely are larger than 10KBS once compressed into a ccmesh. Textures tho, they would need to be rescaled to a more friendly size for the original game to load it. So porting them to the original SR3 is not really a problem :p.

We need tools to unpack files from the remaster anyways, the current ones dont work

linkfire12 likes this.
  5. Miku Hatsune

Miku Hatsune Modding patch tester

Normally hairstyles that are very detailed don't really have physics.
    I'm just glad to see detailed hairstyles with physics are finally a thing. I only play mediocre games so for me it was kinda new. xd
    Most hairs from 3 and 4 are pretty bad, but the longer hairstyles are decent imo.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice