Gun sound modifying makes all guns silent

As the title suggests, I've been attempting for hours on end now and if there's something I hate a lot, is when a game refuses to be modified, I've been trying to modify the gun sounds for hours now yet every time I make a new XWB with my gun sounds and import it through GOTR's insert your own mods here folder, all gun sounds are silent. It's making my bash my face against my desk for hours on end now.... Anyone got any clues as to why or someone who could point me in the right direction of how to modify the sound files? As I'm planning on making a gun sound and car sound overhaul... But I can't get anywhere if I can't edit the files correctly. I tried following N69's tutorial but all I get from the guns is silence....

I've used multiple tools to extract the files but as far as I am aware there is only 1 way to re-XWB it, which would be xact3.exe. The only tool successful in extracting the sounds (albiet bad quality) is towav.exe....
I tried xactxtract.exe and was given a german error message which I can't read so. Any clues, hints and tips are more than welcome.

= EDIT: After 56 million attempts it finally works.... Seems to be the compression was resetting itself and screwing around with all the sounds... Making them not work.... Issue solved. Lock at will=

Last edited:
How have you fixed that? I switch compression preset to "SR2", then I build the wave bank and sounds are silent in the game...

Back