[GOTR] Easier ways to make a double damage mod? Is there a "difficulty_levels.xtbl" to modify?

Is there a faster way to make a double damage mod for SR2? SR3 has a "difficulty_levels.xtbl" file you can modify, rather than go through the pain of manually adjusting the stats of every single melee attack and weapon. SR2, however? Not seeing one. Only the weapons file and the melee XTBL in "optional_mod_stuff\modified" folder, and the melee XTBL has an excessive number of entries (211 entries of DefaultDamage, NPCDamage, PlayerDamage, and OnlineDamage each) to edit for the damage values in each one. Is there really no "difficulty levels" XTBL to modify like with SR3?

SR3's difficulty_levels.xtbl has the following values I need to tweak just to make everybody do more damage, so I don't have to manually edit every single melee or weapon damage value:
Damage_Received_Mult
Damage_Dealt_Mult
Vehicle_Damage_Received_Mult

If SR2 doesn't have a way to edit the difficulty damage modifiers, is there a file I can edit to just nerf everyone's health by 1/2 instead and achieve the same result (combat is twice as lethal, and everybody dies twice as fast?) I just like modding games so everybody either has 2x DMG or 1/2 HP in general, depending on which is faster.

Last edited:
Is there a faster way to make a double damage mod for SR2? SR3 has a "difficulty_levels.xtbl" file you can modify, rather than go through the pain of manually adjusting the stats of every single melee attack and weapon.
Here it is the vanilla file, is not in GOTR since Idolninja didnt use it on his mod. But by extracting original files ".vpp_pc", specially in "common" you can find files that contains .xtbl

Attachments

• difficulty_levels.xtbl
    5.8 KB · Views: 113
Thank you. How do I get it to work with GOTR? I've got this so far. Trying to follow the instructions from https://gamebanana.com/tuts/14107 or https://gamebanana.com/tuts/14097
First link:
Make sure when you're satisfied with your changes, save the file in:
"GotR/optional_mod_stuff/1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE"
Build your custom patch and enjoy!
Second link:
In the GotR folder goto:
optional_mod_stuff /1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE
And place your mod files in there, if the mod comes with a "patch.vpp_pc" file, sadly it isn't compatible with GotR, this is because the file contains all the changes the creator made already combined in a patch instead of being separate individual files.
How I tried it:
1651022563613.png

EDIT: Seems like it's not supposed to be in its own folder? Putting the file in the "put your own personal mods here" section alone (and not the folder) and then building custom patch in GOTR works. With damage multipliers set to 2.0 on Hardcore difficulty, the VICE 9 kills civilians in 1 hit, cops/gangsters in 2 hit (compared to vanilla GOTR where it kills in 3 hits). Shepherd 44 now kills in one hit instead of being two shot kill with low rate of fire like in vanilla.

This seems to actually work and the changes apply to my game now:
1651023780160.png

Last edited:
EDIT: Seems like it's not supposed to be in its own folder? Putting the file in the "put your own personal mods here" section alone (and not the folder) and then
Adding a folder inside of "put your own personal mods here" one wont work at all.. All you need to do is to drop the file that you edited inside of the folder put your own personal mods here and then build the patch normally.

can the difficulty_levels.xtbl just be dumped in the SR2 install folder like with SR3 modding, or does it have to be used as a custom patch for GOTR?

Back