Saints Row: The Third German Low violence fix

I have a friend on steam who live in Germany and wants to know how to disable the Low violence part of the German version because it is not co-op abled for people who do not have that version is there any why to fix it?

I doubt Volition could fix the German version as basically that version is enforced by the German government. It's the law and irrespective of what Volition thinks of that law they have to obey it.

I guess what they could do is temporary turn a full violence version to the the low violence version so you can co-op.

Yeah, the executable and some data is totally different for the low-violence version. I don't think there is an easy way around that.

There's another approach. Have your friend ask Steam support to remove the game from their account, not as a return but just as a plain removal. Then have someone in another region gift it to them (possibly in exchange for something). I've been told by several reliable sources that this will give them the uncensored version.

There is a quote, supposedly from Steam support, on the issue here:
http://www.steamgifts.com/forum/AyPxO/question-about-region

For SR3, specifically, it should work, although i do not know whether it has to be gifted directly or can also be done as a trade.

Back