GenX radio plays the wrong songs and DJs

[V] IdolNinja

Volition Staff
GenX will often wrongly play clips with Zinyak from Classic, Classical music, and K12 music instead of the actual GenX DJ and songs.

At one point I heard a Gen-X station ID on K-12. (song -> k-12 id -> gen-x id announcing next song -> k-12 song that obviously wast song announced)

Any information that can be provided on this issue would be appreciated. This bug was reported a while back but no one was able to force it to happen. The data is all set up properly (as far as we could tell without watching Wwise exactly when the bug occurred) so any detail might give us a hint where to look.

Thanks!

Any information that can be provided on this issue would be appreciated. This bug was reported a while back but no one was able to force it to happen. The data is all set up properly (as far as we could tell without watching Wwise exactly when the bug occurred) so any detail might give us a hint where to look.

Thanks!

So far it just seems to happen if you listen to K12 long enough. However, I should note that I tampered with K12's media bank file and song lengths a little by trying to do the custom songs mod from before. So that may very well be the issue. Still don't know why the GenX DJ shows up randomly to announce songs on K12, but I didn't mind it.

It seems like this is something that can be put off, though, because it's nowhere even close to gamebreaking and I even found it a little amusing.

It's definitely worth mentioning. Only a few people saw it in alpha so it is possible that corrupt data could be a contributing factor.

I'll take a second fifth look at the table files and see if anything's out of place. Thanks!

I've had this happen on other stations. I'm pretty sure I've heard Mix's DJ on K12. I've heard Zinyak DJing the wrong station as well.

Back