Gat out of Hell chat/thoughts.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD

So finally the game is out, and i've been playing it since the 8AM release. Honestly I wasn't expecting much from a $20 expansion. All of the game previews, and trailers seemed to talk about the new flight ability, and I felt like it was just another gimmick, but Volition actually seemed to do a good job with it. Just flying around getting clusters (especially those chain clusters) is good fun, and I haven't even tried doing any of the other activities yet. For $20, I don't regret the purchase at all.

Few questions. Does health not regen if you have notoriety? It seems my health only starts to regen once I wipe notoriety. And it seems that Steam Achievements aren't working or displaying at all on steam? The game also doesn't show up under "Recent Game Activity".

Health regen works the same as it did in Saints Row IV. At notoriety 1 if you stand still for a short time health will regen. At notoriety 2-6 health does not regen. You need to pick up the health packs that drop from enemy's when they die. As for recent game activity and steam achievments, the only mention I have found is that they don't show until the game has released globally (Jan. 22/23 for everyone outside of North America) I don't know if that is accurate info about it or not.

I got like 800 clusters before the first mission and the first cutscene activated. I had no idea getting the clusters pushed the story along. But now its nearly impossible to fly without the spires shooting me down .-.

so far so good. i'm digging the stand alone idea. yea no customization whatever buts that's what mods are for
i'm gonna learn all regarding mod tools so i can actually contribute stuff to this community.

Pretty shit so far. Simplistic mission design, Ubisoft formula of filling the world with mindless collectibles and side stuff where the reward is generally money and xp, introduction of more arbitary bullshit (missiles that shoot you out of the sky unless you waste time killing a bunch of enemies then holding a button about 26 times), the majority of the game is just doing activities and diversions, there's barely any actual story, no weapon skins. Just feels incredibly lazy.

Pretty shit so far. Simplistic mission design, Ubisoft formula of filling the world with mindless collectibles and side stuff where the reward is generally money and xp, introduction of more arbitary bullshit (missiles that shoot you out of the sky unless you waste time killing a bunch of enemies then holding a button about 26 times), the majority of the game is just doing activities and diversions, there's barely any actual story, no weapon skins. Just feels incredibly lazy.
Just remember, it's a standalone expansion, not the next addition to the series. I'm sure Saints Row V will have all the stuff we love back for our enjoyment.

@Superman - That's good to know. I'll make sure not to collect all the clusters until I'm ready to have spires shoot me down. I hope they go away after you beat the game, though.

Sure it's an expansion, but expansions are capable of actually being good. Just look at the GTA episodes, Undead Nightmare, Dragon Age Awakening, etc. This shit is mediocre at best.

Sure it's an expansion, but expansions are capable of actually being good. Just look at the GTA episodes, Undead Nightmare, Dragon Age Awakening, etc. This shit is mediocre at best.
You make a fair point. I actually loved Undead Nightmare, it told a very good story and was an interesting twist on the usual zombie tale we're used to. Could Gat Out Of Hell have been so much better, perhaps so. Way I see it, it's just a game to kill time. If I want to play an excellent expansion pack that has a gripping story on its own, I'll play Undead Nightmare or Left Behind, the expansion/DLC for The Last of Us.

Health regen works the same as it did in Saints Row IV. At notoriety 1 if you stand still for a short time health will regen. At notoriety 2-6 health does not regen. You need to pick up the health packs that drop from enemy's when they die. As for recent game activity and steam achievments, the only mention I have found is that they don't show until the game has released globally (Jan. 22/23 for everyone outside of North America) I don't know if that is accurate info about it or not.

I hope achievements I'm getting now will all be unlocked when the achievements come, and not make me go through the entire game again to unlock them.

Oh and once again, a maxed out full auto shotgun just wrecks everything in the game.

Back