Gang Notoriety Addon for Sandbox+

Simple addon/mod for IdolNinja's Sandbox+ mod (that I'm sure everybody has) that allows you have gang notoriety (sort of)!

You must have Sandbox+ in order for this to work.

The mod adds the following commands to Sandbox+:

8 + LEFT ARROW = Enable Ronin Spawning
8 + UP ARROW = Enable Brotherhood Spawning
8 + DOWN ARROW = Enable Sons of Samedi Spawning
8 + RIGHT ARROW = Enable Morningstar Spawning

It does overwrite some of the Virus Injection spawns (if you even care) so some of the Virus Injection missions will have gang members instead. (Only a few Virus Injections will be affected.)

Not gonna lie, this mod was prettttttttty darn easy to make. I was befuddled when I couldn't find another mod on the site that did the same thing, or something similar (like maybe replace the police and aliens with gangs). And yes, I know about those past gang spawning mods that spawn in gang members on the streets, but I don't know. I really just wanted the gangs to actively come after me and chase me down. I wanted it to be like earlier Saints Row games where the gangs would chase you. Gang members that spawn from the mods I mentioned earlier disappear after a while. Can't really get them to really come after you. I don't know. That's just my opinion. I do like mods like that though that spawn new npcs (including past gangs) on streets, so don't think I'm saying anything bad about them. :)

Unfortunately, you can't really get police notoriety while you have gangs spawning with this mod, but that's just a limitation of Saints Row IV. Gang spawning can easily be disabled and re-enabled at anytime on the fly (just as easily as disabling and enabling Pleasantville cops would be).

Luchadores and Deckers may be added in in the future, if it's requested. Vice Kings will definitely be added in at some point.

Oh, and uh, yeah. This is my first mod. If you have any bugs to report, that would be awesome. Screenshots coming soon, very soon.

And also, the secret command (that doesn't really work, it crashed my game when I tried it) to transform the player into "GenkiGood" has been moved to '8 + END' (I think.) I don't know, I wouldn't recommend using it though. All it ever did was crash my game lol.

Attachments

• GangNotorietyAddonForSandboxPlus v0.5.zip
    26.5 KB · Views: 603
  • 2015-12-19_00007.jpg
    2015-12-19_00007.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 1,025
  • 2015-12-19_00006.jpg
    2015-12-19_00006.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 1,042
  • 2015-12-19_00005.jpg
    2015-12-19_00005.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 989
  • 2015-12-19_00004.jpg
    2015-12-19_00004.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 1,054
  • 2015-12-19_00003.jpg
    2015-12-19_00003.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 973
  • 2015-12-19_00002.jpg
    2015-12-19_00002.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 969
Last edited:
Codes? What codes? If you're asking how I made this mod, I just used the spawn pleasantville police thingy and just copied the code and pasted some of the empty sections towards the bottom and changed m02 pleasantville police to different notoriety spawns. I'm not really an advanced modder, like I said this is my first mod. :)

Changing the AI's behavior using sandbox+ is beyond my expertise. The closest I can get to that is changing the character behavior to different things like "gang normal", "gang offensive", "police defensive", etc.

It's not a clone, it's an addon... :/

If you wanna download, great. If not, move on.

Clone: Something that copies someone else's ideas and has some similar elements, like how Sr2 was accused of being a GTA clone. The sandbox+ mod and it's entirety is not copied and is not included with this addon.

Addon: An addition to something that already exists. An addon is something that goes with something else. It compliments something. Like a DLC is an addon for a game. DLCs aren't clones, and neither is this addon/mod.

Last edited:
I'm just saying that there are like four Sandbox+ add-on threads in 'Mod Releases' forum already, why not release this stuff in the original Sandbox+ thread?
Sorry for calling this a clone, my mistake. :oops:

A fairly valid point, I suppose. I'm new here, so if that would be more appropriate, than the mods can move this stuff over there (or tell me to do it myself). I just figured it wouldn't get seen if it was just another post in the sandbox+ thread.

Doesn't really matter much to me I guess. ;)

Back