Game Terminates and Restarts Immediately/Automatically

Hi! This is my first time posting in the forums. Shame it's about bugs rather than contributing anything.

So I recently started playing Saints Row 4 (singleplayer), and installed some xtbl mods from the get go (namely gpz's extenedwardrobe v1.1, Dark Rain v1.6, and Reasonable Body Slider Mod). There weren't any apparent problems even into the virtual Steelport, but then I started getting strange issues.

It doesn't necessarily seem to be a crash. But the game seems to cleanly terminate and simply restart itself with a message from Steam saying that it's starting the game. It does this at random, and has done this a few times in quick succession and other times doesn't do it for an hour. It really seems to be at complete random, because it's done this when the game was at the main menu, when I was walking around the city, and when I was customizing clothes and gear. Following the instructions in the Writing a Report for Crash Bug thread , I looked in the event viewer (Window Logs/Application) and there doesn't seem to be a crash in the log relating to any crashing or anything of saints row for that matter.

I've included my msinfo file as well if that can help any of you. Thanks!

Attachments

• msinfo32_file.txt
    2 MB · Views: 765
I went ahead and tried playing the game without mods. Sadly I'm still receiving the same problem. But deleting the mods made me realize that I have been getting crash reports in the form of mdmp files in the main game folder. I don't know if they'll help, but I threw them into a zip file and attached them. Windows seems to be having Microsoft Visual Studio open these files by default on my machine.

Attachments

• mdmp_crash_report_files.zip
    497.9 KB · Views: 345
I think I might be on track for finding the source of this problem! I found a way to manually make the game crash and reset itself, but it's strange. First of all, I finally got to the part in the story where you can customize a gang (which was a pain to get to because of the crashing) and one of the gang customization options is 'Ho'. I checked the saints row wiki and didn't see that as a gang option there, and I don't think I'm using a mod that adds gangs, so I'm not really sure if it's part of the base game or what. I have the Child's Play DLC. Please verify how I have that option or if the Ho gang option is suppose to be there. But anyway, when going through the selection individual Ho models to choose from, the very first choice crashes and restarts the game! I checked all other gang choices (not just Hos), and no other model makes the game crash. If these two different methods of crashing the game are the same, then the cause of my crash could be that when the model for Ho #1 loads into my world, it crashes the game.

So the question is how do I fix Ho #1? Can I verify the cache through Steam, or is it possible that I'll have to redownload Saints Row 4 entirely? I'm hoping to avoid redownloading the game as I am on a very poor internet connection for the rest of this week, and it will take an entire day to install the game again.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was walking around in the ship and the game crashed and restarted for no apparent reason. The Ho issue may be a separate problem. But it's one that still stands: the game also crashes when I hover over Ho #1 in gang customization.

Last edited:
Back