Game not running when Special K is active

Hi guys, just wanted to know if anyone has encountered this issue when running Special K? I've already uninstalled and reinstalled Special K and this is still happening. I've also just recently updated my GPU driver and it's still popping up. Does anyone know a fix?| Thanks in advanced!

Screenshot 2024-06-09 215310.jpg

To add, the game works fine when Special K isn't running. But obviously, I'd like to play the game with Special K active. Saints row used to work when Special K was running but eventually uninstalled the game. But since I reinstalled the game, I've been encountering this issue. Any leads to resolving this?

I found this having just had the same issue. Dunno why it suddenly changed but I think I've fixed it!

In folder: Special K\Profiles\Saints Row, find the file SpecialK.ini. In the ini file, under [SpecialK.System] heading, change the line:
GlobalInjectDelay=0.0
to
GlobalInjectDelay=15.0

I found the launcher start-up takes about 10 seconds for me before the fullscreen game loads, so setting this to 15 seconds let the game start before Special K kicked in during the titles. As far as I can tell, it's working properly now.

Also, changing this seemed to fix the crash when I tried to open the overlay:
[Steam.Log]
Silent=false
to
Silent=true

Oh! I have actually changed the Steam.Log to True but I haven't tried changing the global inject though! I'll try it out :) Thanks for this!

[UPDATE]

Works fine on my end! Thanks so much for this fix!

Last edited:
Back