Game freezes

Hello everyone!

My game is freezing at random times. Sometimes it runs for hours and sometimes it freezes after 30 minutes. Mostly in big battles with lots of explosions.

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i7 4790k (not overclocked)
MB: MSI Z97-G43
GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 Founders Edition (Driver version 382.53, no GeForce Experience installed, standard settings, not overclocked)
PSU: BeQuiet Straight Power E10 600W
3x Samsung EVO 850 SSD (Game is installed on SSD)

Every other game is running fine, i can play World of Warcraft, Overwatch or Playerunkown's Battlegrounds for hours without any crashes or freezes.

i did some stress tests with RealBench (6 hours), OCCT (6 hours) and a 24 hour RAM test (Memtest). No errors found.

I have already reinstalled the game and checked this thread on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/app/206420/discussions/0/846965705311116184/

i tried window mode and fullscreen, no vsync, no AA. But that doesnt change anything... The game freezes at random times.

Maybe it's a Windows 10 issue? Could someone help me please? :) I bought "Saints Row 4 Game of the Century Edition" on Steam summer sale.

Thank you very much! :)

Could be a video driver issue. I find that's a frequent cause of crashes. GeForce Experience may help by enabling/disabling certain features for this specific game. I use it myself, and haven't had any problems, although I'm using a much older driver version. The newest driver doesn't always mean the best driver (and have had problems with some newer ones).

Thanks for the reply :)

I installed the game on my 2nd PC (i5 2500k, GTX 780 Ti, Win 10 64 Bit) and it's running fine so i think it is a driver issue as you mentioned before. Maybe the GTX 1070 is "too new" for this game. Now i have to switch PCs everytime i want to play SR4 :D

Back