Game freezes at start of New Game

So when I go to start a new game and select the difficulty the game starts loading then all of a sudden freezes and crashes. I sometimes get the "Failed to launch application (app already running error)" from Steam. Also it does the same thing when I try to change any of the graphics settings. I press Apply and it freezes. I did everything I could think of and read about to fix it (updating all the drivers even BIOS!) NOTHING. Re-downloading and installing both Steam and the Game. I contacted Volition support posted on the Steam SRIV bug thread msged Volition on Twitter NOTHING! No response no fix no game time... I'm really desperate for a fix cuz I'm getting royally pissed off that I paid for a game that I cannot play! I never had any problems with SR3 and I loved it so I bought the next game and now can't play...

Comp Specs
Win 7 Home Premium
(all the possible OS updates are done)
AMD HD Radeon 7450
(Driver version 10.8 beta)
8GB RAM
AMD FX-6120 3.5GHz CPU

Last edited:
The AMD-FX chips have problems with CEG drm that both SRTT and SRIV uses. Google "Orochi CEG" and you should find a fix you can run before launching the game.

Idk but I never had any sort of problems with SRTT so why am I having this trouble now. I found the Orochi CEG and ran it it said it fixed the problem "TEMPORARILY". I run the game same thing happens... But atleast now I might have a better idea what to look for since before I thought maybe its some out of date drivers fault or something...

Yeah, if SRTT ran okay then that orochi fix wouldn't be needed. Sorry it didn't work out. :(

I just downloaded the Saints Row Inauguration Station just to see if that might work... Crashes right after the opening logos... what gives :( am I like totally screwed for this game?? :(

Right after the logos comes "Loading" in which, for me, it sits doing nothing (no HDD activity) for about 5-10 seconds, then actually loads data pretty fast (1-3 seconds), then the main menu appears. I wonder what is really going on between the logos and the main menu.

The AMD-FX chips have problems with CEG drm that both SRTT and SRIV uses. Google "Orochi CEG" and you should find a fix you can run before launching the game.

I can play both games just fine on my FX-4100.

I went on the HP website and downloaded the BIOS update that it had which i assume is the latest however that didnt do anything :/

I am getting the EXACT same problem.....

I have a Radeon HD 7450 graphics card, windows 8 65 bit and a fully updated DirectX. CanIRunIt.com says I can run it in the green.

And I've tried every fix, but its the same. Fully updated, can run various games.

Perhaps it's the graphics card? Since I see that TensE has the exact same graphics card? And the same processor too.

meh........... >.<

Back