Forever Broken - GOTR killed my game

Admixon

Let's start the story using this pic:
20171119005941_1.jpg

Do you see how awful this pic looks with hud? So yea I wanted to find a mod that removes hud and I found SR2 HUD Control mod. The mod desc says I need Gotr to create custom path blah blah blah.
I know this mod is super cool and it was made by uncle Idol but I don't mod SR2 and don't play this game much so I didn't have this mod before (on my new PC). Well I didn't have any mods for SR2 except Reshade but it's more like plugin but... nevermind I installed Gotr.
STEP 1. Double click Create_Custom_Gotr_v1.9.bat DONE
STEP 2. Select your mods to install from the list by typing... DONE
I didn't download Hud Control, I just wanted to see how game works with Gotr first
STEP 3. ...press P to build... OKAY
STEP 4. Manually move these 3 new files to your SR2 install directory DONE
I was so excited... and the game crashed...
"HELP! I'M CRASHING! (tips for a more stable GotR)" - ok it will help me:
1. Make sure you own the Steam version of SR2 DUH
2. Verify integrity on Steam... you will have to rebuild/reinstall GotR afterwards DONE
3. Run windowed - I always run windowed
4. Delete your profile.dat DONE
Let's start game again... crashed.
F*ck it let's remove gotr. I removed the files that was repleaced before and used verify cache to download them again... game crashed on startup.
Well ok maybe something else is broken. Let's remove everything from SR2 folder and AppData\Local\THQ\Saints Row 2. I installed game again without any mod even without reshade.
Now I have clear game it shou... F*CK WHY DID IT CRASH AGAIN?!

I just wanted to make something special (my secret project)... now I can't even start a game :(

Back