Fix for black screen in mission "learning computer"

Do not post four separate threads for the same thing.
When I try to play the mission "learning computer" by Kinzie, I get a black screen. I can hear the sounds of the people talking and once the cut-scene finishes I can hear rain (I think) When i move my player I can hear the sound of his feet and when i blindly scroll up and select a weapon and fire it I can hear the shots and my player talking with pierce etc... but I can't see a single thing. This once happened to me in the mission "Hit the powder room" and I used a save file to pass the file. So it is a problem with the mission and not my computer. Can you provide a fix for this ???

Thanks in advance

Are you using the Steam version of the game?

No I am using a version I purchased from Amazon
All versions of the game, including ones purchased at Amazon and Gamestop require you to run the game through Steam.

Please link your Steam account to your forum account by following this link:
http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/account/steam

After doing that, make sure that your profile is public so that we can verify ownership of the game.

All versions of the game, including ones purchased at Amazon and Gamestop require you to run the game through Steam.

After doing that, make sure that your profile is public so that we can verify ownership of the game.

I think we all know how this one's going to end.

I have this same problem too. In kenzie's mission. I don't know if my game is legal because I bought the game from a non-official game shop for about 5 pounds. Any solutions??

I don't have steam, by the way. But as i paid I don't think its illegal either

I think we all know how this one's going to end.

Could anyone just provide a savegame?

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Don't Double-post.
2) All Legal versions of Saints Row the Third and Saints Row IV require Steam to work. If you're not using Steam, you're not using a legal copy. Whether you paid for your copy or not. Go back to your gameshop and get your money back.
Until then, enjoy your vacation from these forums.

Could anyone just provide a savegame?
We cant provide any help or support sorry unless you are using a legit Steam version of the game

its on sale atm so if you wish to change your scurvy ways now is the best time

Also you should have read the forum rules before posting its clearly stated ther

Forum Rules said:
No piracy - including DLC piracy. This is a permaban on first offense. All versions of SR:TT require Steam.

1) Don't Double-post.
2) All Legal versions of Saints Row the Third and Saints Row IV require Steam to work. If you're not using Steam, you're not using a legal copy. Whether you paid for your copy or not. Go back to your gameshop and get your money back.
Until then, enjoy your vacation from these forums.
Hello there. I own the steam version and im still having the black screen problem, i did try few ways to fix it but none of them worked. I play on a 2gb ram windows 7 32 bit laptop it runs fine but when i start the "Hit The Powder" mission, my screen goes black and all i can do is hear footsteps, raining and gunshots.

(I hope you can help me)

Back