First Person View Update / Improvement & Addons

Unfortunately I have not found a way to make this mod work within the steam workshop but since I made a few modifications to the original, to enhance & improve it, I decided to release it anyway.

Instructions

Simply drag & drop the contents (including the "tables" folder) of the "SR IV First Person View.rar" archive into your main game folder:

⩵⩥ ...\steam\SteamApps\common\Saints Row IV\

After installing go to a "Planet Zin" clothing store in-game & buy the "Saints Fleur Chain" in the "Head ⩵⩥ Hats" category to make your head invisible or else it will keep bugging your vision while you're playing in first person view.

Also, in the menu go to Options ⩵⩥ Keybinds ⩵⩥ General & set a key for "Zoom (Toggle)". The key you set can be used to change the vehicle view between third & first person.

Preview pictures (& soon videos) can be found on the steam workshop site.
⩵⩥ First Person View Workshop Link

Features

▬ Enhanced the FOV & disabled any kind of automatic camera zooms to enhance immersion.
▬ Added a first person view for most ground vehicles.
▬ Removed lots of annoying FX Effects:
- Superglow when using powers.
- Force shield FX when using powers.
- Vignette (black shadows on the outside of your screen).
- Depth of field.
- All kinds of visual glitches.
▬ Removed lots of annoying tutorials & hints.
▬ Adjusted motorbike handling to make it easier, more precise & more immersive to drive within first person.
▬ Improved water textures.

I did not create this retexture / reshade mod. I merely merged it with this First Person View mod. Original Improved Water mod made by cRAZYSAINT
▬ Added additional cheats. Also, using cheats no longer flags your savegame.
▬ I did not create this mod. I just added it to this First Person View mod as I think it should have been in the game by default. Original Additional Cheats mod made by IdolNinja

Addons

These addons are 100 % compatible with each other.
Simply drag & drop the contents of the downloaded "(Addon Name).rar" archive into your main game folder:

⩵⩥ ...\steam\SteamApps\common\Saints Row IV\

Choose "Replace the files in the destination" when it asks you to replace or skip files.

Immersion Addon:
▬ Made various tweaks to superpowers & abilities to gain an even more immersive experience.
Superpowers also no longer cost any energy. You can use them infinitely.
▬ Enemies no longer use anti-superpower grenades.
▬ You can now pickup much more objects in the city with telekinesis.
▬ Removed the sky limit. You can now pass the barrier in the sky.
▬ Homies no longer flinch & therefore follow you into vehicles faster.
▬ You no longer need to play the annoying W A S D button masher game when finishing a warden.
▬ Disabled all kinds of weapon overheats for player weapons & vehicles.

Glock Addon:
▬ Adds a glock skin for the quickshot pistol.
I did not create this skin mod. I just merged some of the files that were uncompatible with this First Person View mod to create an addon for it. Original Glock Skin for Quickshot Pistol mod made by Joe & Flow

No Startup Intros:
▬ Removes the annoying logos that play everytime you start your game.
I did not create this mod. I just put it here because its very useful & so that more people can discover it. Original No Startup Intros mod made by puss2puss

Texture Overhaul:
I also recommend using this for an ever better looking experience.
▬ It is 100 % compatible with this First Person View mod & all of its addons.
Texture Overhaul mod made by Admixon

Original First Person View mod made by ImmortalSin
Original First Person Vehicle View mod made by shitface

Downloads

Attachments

• SR IV First Person View.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 9,396
  • SR IV FPV Immersion Addon.zip
    183.8 KB · Views: 4,346
  • SR IV FPV Glock Addon.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,984
  • SR IV No Startup Intros.zip
    624 bytes · Views: 2,849
Last edited:
The Mod works really well, better than the original, but is there a way to fix things like these? (and half invisible weapons)
8645DF22B0C553B41DB9EC5FE71FBFB6A5F8010C

29360663FF0449BA7BB399ABCF2AF8927478BAB0

I'm sorry but unless someone reanimates these animations where the character lowers his body, theres not much I can do about the clipping errors & bugs. Though, I'll keep lookin for some lines of code that could make the mod even better.

I haven't been able to glide since I installed the immersion addon. Is there a way to re-enable this without uninstalling your the addon?

Edit: uninstalling the files and reinvalidating the game on steam doesn't do anything. It seems you've told someone on steam to simply find the original unlockable.xtbl and copy/paste the glide lines from there, but it looks like there isn't a way to get the original

Last edited:
Back