Fight club opponents and shops

Is it possible to swap the opponents in fight club, like gang members were changed into other npcs for gang customization in GOTR. I thought it would be cool to fight enemy gang members or regular people like in the real fight club.

Also how do you create a new cone of light marker and link it to a source such as a shop. I would like to put a shop in one of the cribs.

Thank you

You can definitely swap out Fight Club opponents. I was working on a mod to do that with Innocent Sam where we also changed the location of the activity as well. It never did get finished though. You want to edit fight_pr.xtbl and and fight_ar.xtbl tables and change the npcs listed in it.

There are a few different files you're going to need to edit to create a shop light cone. It's been a long time since I've done anything with it though so my memory is a bit fuzzy. One thing to definitely be aware of is that you won't be able to add anything to GotR without removing something first. The triggers are maxed out and adding additional ones will break certain parts of the game. If you are using the mod, you may want to just move one from an existing shop.

The files you're going to need to work with and add new entries to are:
shop_names.xtbl
shops_sr2_city.cts <- be aware that there are 2 sections to this file. The top section has the coordinates you have to add, and the bottom section is the trigger itself. Most cts files work this way and your new entries are referenced by name in the table files you add to.
shops_sr2_city.xtbl
shops_sr2_city_navpoints.xtbl
shops_sr2_city_triggers.xtbl

I've now begun to change the fighters and it's nice to have some variety. I was also wondering whether you could change the locations of the fights. It was in fact going to be my next question, so which files would I have to play around with for that?

As for the shop, I've decided to move spelunkers to the crib as it is one of the more useless ones. Am I right in saying that I can add to the inventory using the customization_stores.XTBL file? I can't actually figure out how to move the shop yet but I'm sure I will get there eventually.

fight_ar.cts and fight_pr.cts contain the coordinates for each fighter. Anytime you want to change any positioning for a mod, always look for a corresponding cts file to the table or lua file you're editing. You can edit these in notepad just like any table file. The format of each entry is <x z y>. You can use the osd of Powertools to get your current player positioning and use that info to change them.

Inside fight_ar.cts, some further info:
fight_ar_start <- coords for host start
fight_ar_remote_start <- coords for remote player start
fight_ar_end <- coords where host is dumped after activity
fight_ar_remote_end <- coords where remote player is dumped after activity
fight_ar_$c000 <- coordinates for first fighter

For even more fun, you can change the map icon and start location of the activity itself too by editing activity_start_sr2_city.cts. The two entries that define that are:
activity_start_sr2_city_fight_pr
activity_start_sr2_city_fight_ar

One thing I like to do while testing mods is move their start locations inside a crib so I can easily load a save then immediately launch and test.

shops_sr2_city.cts has coords for the lightcone triggers for all the shops. The way to find out the spelunkers info is to first open shops_sr2_city.xtbl and find out what the trigger names are. I searched on spelunk within that file and easily found the "CV Gift" entry (likely abbreviated for cavern giftshop.) The <Shop_Trigger> info is what we want, and it's listed as "shops_sr2_city_$CV_gift_store". Armed with that info, I search in shops_sr2_city.cts and find that entry with the coords of <-1165.340820 -1.436431 721.971008>. These are in xzy format, so adjust accordingly with new coords from Powertools.

Also, be careful with adding to inventory. You've got the right table (customization_stores.xtbl) but there are a limited number of entries you can have for each store and additional ones past that simply won't appear in that store. You definitely will not be able to have all clothing available in only one store if that's what you're looking for.

Hello Again. I've been having some fun changing the NPCs around and playing around with stats, but I've had very little progress on the coordinates. So far I've been able to change the location of the activity start (very handy tip, thanks for that), and I've done something with the shop but I don't know what. I changed the coordinates you suggested and the light cone disappeared, unfortunately it didn't reappear only the icon on the map changed location. I've played with all sorts of coordinates but have had no luck especially with the fight_ar.cts file. Do you have any suggestions about where I'm going wrong?

My first guess is that your z coordinate is either too low or too high putting it below ground or in the ceiling. My second guess would be that you accidentally transposed the coordinates since they are in a xzy format and not xyz like you would normally expect.

Try looking at a nearby cts coordinate for, say the wardrobe and use that as a base to see if you're even in the same ballpark. cribs_(something).cts is where you would look that up (I think.)

Back