Female Cop Stripper Mod

SR3_NPCFemaleCop_Vera_TextureModV2
Description: mod to modify the look of the female cop stripper (NOT the Saints purple version)

Original goal was to hide the cloth/bra to give the chest area a more revealing look. This has been accomplished, though you can still see the mesh of the piece of cloth, when viewed from close enough or with the right ligthing from a slightly bigger distance. There is also some green artifacting at the left and right edges of the removed cloth/bra.

I also decided to make better use of the color scheme and give a different color to the buttonhole area of the blouse.

For the lower body, I gave a dark red coloring to the boots, the belt and some belt equipment. I also fixed some problems with the normal maps that were not lining correctly with the diffuse texture and were creating some bad looking areas.

The diffuse textures were compressed and mipmapped.

Update: new with V2, normal maps have now been compressed and mipmapped via NVIDIA Texture Tools, which do a much better job at compression than the Gimp DDS plugin.

An alternate version without fishnets has been added as well with V2.

If you want to have some of the cops in game replaced by this female cop stripper, I refer you to my other mod:

SR3_NPCFemaleCop_Vera_HowToReplaceCopsWithVeraV1

Description: guide to replace some of game's cops with the female cop stripper (NOT the Saints purple version)

There are two files which require changes so that the female cop stripper will replace cops AND sound like a ... female cop.

character_definitions.xtbl and character.xtbl

++++++

First, we want to make our female cops to sound like female cops. The female stripper dialog seems constrained to "I bruise easily". It is easy to make her to sound like a female cop, by giving her an assortment of female STAG personas (voices). There are only a few lines here and there that will sound incongruous, like "Ive got body armor, you see that?"

The fix for that must be done in the file character_definitions.xtbl

At line 246 we have the entry for saints_female_vera , this is the female cop stripper. We must change the content of the <Default_Personas> section.

Replace this:
<Default_Personas><Personas><Persona_Name>Stripper_BF_03</Persona_Name></Personas></Default_Personas>

with this:
<Default_Personas><Personas><Persona_Name>STAG_AF</Persona_Name></Personas><Personas><Persona_Name>STAG_BF</Persona_Name></Personas><Personas><Persona_Name>STAG_HF</Persona_Name></Personas><Personas><Persona_Name>STAG_WF</Persona_Name></Personas></Default_Personas>

This is a collection of 4 different voice sets and the game will pick one from this collection, for each female cop created in game. I got this set from the character law_stag_tanya in the same file.

I have provided a version of character_definitions.xtbl with this change.

++++++

Now, it is time to actually replace regular cops with the female stripper cop.

The fix for that must be done in the file character.xtbl

This file is often modified by other modders, so you will probably want to take the file the modders have produced, and tweak it yourself to add change the cops you want into female stripper cops.

An example, the basic cop in the game is found at line 17:

-at the beginning of the line, you will see the entry <Name>npc_cop</Name> => DONT CHANGE THIS IDENTITY.

-further along, you will see the entry <Character>npc_cop</Character> => CHANGE IT TO: <Character>saints_female_vera</Character>

-further along, there is a gender entry, I change it but have no idea if it does anything:
<Gender>Male</Gender> changed to <Gender>Female</Gender>

-Finally, one last change for the color palette. The default palette for a cop is NPC_Police, and this looks not too nice with my texture mod because the outline of the blouse will be done with a light gray color. If you want the white blouse and black outline, change <Color_Palette>NPC_Police</Color_Palette> to <Color_Palette>NPC_Referee</Color_Palette>

I have provided a version of character.xtbl with this change.

Some nice color palettes, that you can see on the picture I provided:
NPC_Referee - white blouse and black outline
NPC_Genki - pink blouse and light blue outline
NPC_Deckers_Palette - dark green blouse and blue outline

So it is up to you, you can use the basic character_definitions.xtbl and character.xtbl files I provided, or modify those files if you already got some mods that have modified those files.
FemaleCopVeraMod.jpg

Attachments

• SR3_NPCFemaleCop_Vera_HowToReplaceCopsWithVeraV1.7z
    27.4 KB · Views: 2,987
  • SR3_NPCFemaleCop_Vera_TextureModV2.7z
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,475
  • SR3_NPCFemaleCop_Vera_TextureModV2withoutFishnets.7z
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,807
While "undressing" mods aren't exactly my cup of tea, it's always very nice to see clothing/appearance mods. Also, that how-to guide should fit "Tutorials" section very well! Good job!

Excellent work !

I like the more revealing look for the female cop stripper.

Is it possible to retexture her legs as to remove the fishnet stockings and show her dark shiney legs ?

Which files contain the textures for the other strippers ?

I would like to retexture the cowgirl's bikini.

I thank you for your excellent work on this mod.

Excellent work !

I like the more revealing look for the female cop stripper.

Is it possible to retexture her legs as to remove the fishnet stockings and show her dark shiney legs ?

Which files contain the textures for the other strippers ?

I would like to retexture the cowgirl's bikini.

I thank you for your excellent work on this mod.

It is certainly possible to retexture the legs, I'll think about doing it, might be interesting.

All the NPC chars are in the packfile characters.vpp_pc (in the saints row the third/packsfiles/pc/cache/ folder)
[well, there are others in the 3 DLC related *.vpp_pc files too)

Once you extract its content (via the gibbed tool gibbed.saintsrow3.unpackvpp.exe), you will have a bunch of *.str2_pc files.

The texture files for the cowgirl look to be:
kandy.str2_pc AND kandy_high.str2_pc

You will have to unpack them via the gibbed tool gibbed.saintsrow3.unpackstr2.exe

Then you will be able to check the *.dds files via GIMP

And you will then see that modding that particular character is likely going to be a nice challenge!

Take note that you have to modify BOTH kandy.str2_pc and kandy_high.str2_pc files. They are the low res and high res versions of the texture, and the game graphics engine decides on the fly which to use. You must obviously take care to make your changes as much similar as possible so that you will not see a jarring effect when the graphics engine switches from using one version to the other. My advice is to do the best you can on the high res version, and when you are satisfied with final result, transfer your changes to the low res version.

I thank you gameqube for your excellent work, guidance and great advice.;)

Thanks for the mod and the detailed instructions. All done without a hitch. Now to decide on a color scheme..

Just to let you know I uploaded version2 in the OP.

-some normal maps have now been compressed and mipmapped via NVIDIA Texture Tools, which do a much better job at compression than the Gimp DDs plugin.
-slight tweaks to get rid of some green tinge at the left and right edges of the removed cloth/bra
-an alternate version without fishnets has been added. Tweaking normal maps is a pain, and I ended redefining mainly the knee area. So for now, the thigh area contains nothing in the normal map, which means the absence of shadows suggesting muscle groups.

Just to let you know I uploaded version2 in the OP.

-some normal maps have now been compressed and mipmapped via NVIDIA Texture Tools, which do a much better job at compression than the Gimp DDs plugin.
-slight tweaks to get rid of some green tinge at the left and right edges of the removed cloth/bra
-an alternate version without fishnets has been added. Tweaking normal maps is a pain, and I ended redefining mainly the knee area. So for now, the thigh area contains nothing in the normal map, which means the absence of shadows suggesting muscle groups.

EXCELLENT !!

Thank you gameqube for your outstanding excellence and enhancing
Saints Row The Third with all of your great mods.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, once again gameqube
comes through with another well done improvement for the game.

Thanks bro, keep up the good work.:cool:

Just to be clear, this mod only replaces the current male cops with female "cops"? The reason I ask is because there's another mod that I believe actually integrates the two types of cops instead of replacing the one.

Back