Fancy TODs

I've been toying with TOD settings for quite some time, and decided I want to actually make something of it. Currently, there's only 2 custom TODs and the default sunset in the files attached. Best used with ticktock cheat or Standard TOD switch command in Sandbox+ (Melee+Right).

1st custom TOD (2AM) is a horror-y kind of night. It's not spooky enough, since I cannot do anything to street lights and setting up the same scheme in "day" hours is hindered by not having any lights whatsoever, but plenty of "daylight" shadows. I guess this TOD is suitable for those who can set an adventure up for themselves - like activate a zombie cheat and then lure a pack of mobs into a black alleyway to get some survival jollies. This TOD also makes flashlights mounted on Cobras and the Riot Shotgun somewhat useful.

2nd custom is just an altered sunset TOD (10PM). With a big Sun.

Comparison shots below (standard sunset > fancy sunset > night).
AevGRl.jpg
SznARl.jpg

yTZxZl.jpg
gtXV0l.jpg

mH1hBl.jpg
NfFaql.jpg
B4v4dl.jpg

XEFK7l.jpg
gkXN5l.jpg
OGz84l.jpg

Back to tweaking.

Attachments

• todwip.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 859
  • ftod_wip2.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 912
would it be possible to upload a version that just replaces the default sunset with the one you posted above? It's so much better than the default version, since it's more distinguishable from midday.

and these are compatible with the day/night cycle in Sandbox+, right? I know IdolNinja was having trouble with traffic spawning due to one of the custom times of day.

would it be possible to upload a version that just replaces the default sunset with the one you posted above? and these are compatible with the day/night cycle in Sandbox+, right?
Added to the first post as ftod_wip2.zip. You can add the 2100 segment to the district_global table if you want to directly compare the two (the sun in vanilla sunset will be a bit off though). Otherwise, Sandbox+ correctly picks up the new 2200 as sunset. Do report any colour issues and whatnot. I still haven't figured out all of the entries in district tables.
I know IdolNinja was having trouble with traffic spawning due to one of the custom times of day.
It's not one specific TOD that causes trouble, rather the game messes up spawning for every TOD segment added past the first 4. From my experience with GPO, the same happens to gang customization groups (additional groups past a certain number of already active ones simply do not show up in the menus) and gang characters (only the first 90-something on the list are recruitable off the streets). Memory issues perhaps? I guess Mini would have more to say about it.

Looks outstanding! Can't wait for release.
It'll be more like a pile'o'TODs to choose from, rather than a proper release, if any.

too bad it always skips nighttime and sunrise when I use this mod...
but ok using the ticktock cheat or F+Right (standard) in Sandbox+ works good too...

Back