Extracted/modified .xtbl files but nothing changes

So I finally figured out how to use menthe sr-tools (the browser version) to extract .xtbl files and I went through them and modified several of them before putting them into my main folder just like when I install mods. However, the changes that I made to those files aren't showing themselves in-game. Did I miss a step somewhere?

What program do you edit the .xtbl files with? There aren't really any steps besides checking you wrote the lines correctly, like not missing letters or symbols, saving it as xtbl and not some other text format, and putting it in the root folder.

What program do you edit the .xtbl files with? There aren't really any steps besides checking you wrote the lines correctly, like not missing letters or symbols, saving it as xtbl and not some other text format, and putting it in the root folder.
I just open them with notepad. The kinds of changes that I made are things like changing the amount of cash that you get for doing activities/diversions or the time limits for them, nothing crazy.

Once I messed up my weapons file and rather than doing something like crashing on startup it seemed to just ignore the xtbl in my root folder but that was different as I was experimenting with replacing vehicle weapons altogether rather than just editing numbers.

Nothing I do seems to affect it but it really stands out to me that only the xtbls that I unpacked personally are affected. The mods I've downloaded still work fine. Perhaps I somehow unpacked them wrong?

So here's an example. I just extracted this xtbl file from misc_tables.vpp_pc this time using the SRTTR Extracting Tool from: https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/srttr-extracting-tool.19374/and edited the min and max cash section to look like this:

<Default_Min_Cash>50</Default_Min_Cash>
<Default_Max_Cash>350</Default_Max_Cash>

As you can see all I did was add a 0 to each of them thus multiplying the amount of cash I should be getting for mugging by ten. However I just attempted it with that xtbl file in my root folder, which is the following folder:

E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row The Third Remastered

And when I mugged someone, I received $6. I'm really not sure what's wrong with it.

Attachments

• mugging_diversion.xtbl
    3.3 KB · Views: 115
I've tried editing my xtbl files using a program called the SR3 Editing Kit, which is probably meant for the original but it worked fine anyway. Except for the fact that my game still doesn't care about my xtbls even as it recognizes the ones I downloaded as mods.

Is there any chance someone who doesn't have this problem could unpack their misc_tables and upload them as a rar somewhere?

Back