Executive Privilege Pack DLC Glitch (Buff: Life Steal Issue)

The life steal element of buff can only be accessed via the hotkeys rather than both the hotkeys and the powers menu within the hub. Life steal is not even listed as one of buff's elements. No other element of any other active power has this issue, so I believe this is an oversight.

When using life steal with buff, the game is extremely prone to crashing to desktop. However, life steal with telekinesis is fine. Moreover, only life steal with telekinesis will count properly for the Health Stolen challenge. It seems life steal with buff was added as an afterthought and currently does not have a stable implementation.

EDIT: Users on the Saints Row community forums have experiences where buff life steal glitches out their ability to use buff later on (like a one-off). This has also happened to me several times, but I experience a straight crash to desktop more often.

I recommend not using this particular element with buff until a patch is rolled out.

Last edited:
Buff doesn't even have life steal at all. It's not a reward, nor can you access it with hotkeys. Are you sure you didn't install some mod where a modder changed or added it?

Buff doesn't even have life steal at all. It's not a reward, nor can you access it with hotkeys. Are you sure you didn't install some mod where a modder changed or added it?
I don't use any power-oriented mods. I've made some findings that this might only be available with a the Executive Privilege DLC Pack, which I do have.

I own it as well. I have never seen Life Steal for Buff ever on multiple saves and complete playthroughs.

I just found this comment on a YouTube video:

kayv0n
pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif
1 month ago
"There's a glitch for a buff life steal u need the executive pack so u use the power cheats then you get this secret ability it's really Lagy u can shoot them and have constant health regen till death or come near them so go ahead it may freeze"

Edit:
I've just found that it's not on saves where I have never activated cheats. In my most recent save, I have used the power cheats from the DLC pack and probably manually saved my game with it. I really think this is a glitch involving the Executive Privilege Pack.

Edit 2:
I can confirm that if you activate the Executive Privilege Pack DLC cheats in the Super Powers category, you will be able to use Life Steal for Buff only via hotkey (keep tapping through the elements until you see a heart icon). Not only will it be an additional element for Buff, it is also glitched like hell.

Last edited:
I've confirmed that as well.
* Activate the cheat to give all super powers. This cheat was part of the Executive Privilige DLC pack
* Double tap down on the dpad to cycle through the Buff powers, and there will be a new 4th glitchy customization element of Life Steal
If you save your game, this 4th customization option will remain.

I've confirmed that as well.
* Activate the cheat to give all super powers. This cheat was part of the Executive Privilige DLC pack
* Double tap down on the dpad to cycle through the Buff powers, and there will be a new 4th glitchy customization element of Life Steal
If you save your game, this 4th customization option will remain.
Great news! Well, sort of. I'm happy to see this thread gaining some traction.

I probably never would have found this if I wasn't trying to complete the Health Stolen challenge using Buff (I thought Buff Life Steal was normal due to my now corrupted save). Glad I could bring this subtle, yet obvious glitch to light.

Edit:
I noticed that if you activate the Give All Super Powers cheat, you will not be able to untick the check mark afterwards for deactivation (it becomes greyed out); same goes for the Player Vehicle Smash cheat. The only way to deactivate those cheats is to reload the save. This is all 100% reproducible on my end. Can anyone else confirm this?

Last edited:
Does that Buff element come with DLC only?
Yeah, it's exclusive to the Executive Privilege Pack DLC. But don't worry, you do not want this element for Buff.
Would you mind testing out whether the Player Vehicle Smash cheat can be toggled on and off in-game? The cheat code for it is "isquishyou". Totally optional.

Back