Epic Games SR4 Re-elected crashing with certain mods

okay time for me to either embarrass myself or get it right whilst talking out my ass

so saints row iv re-elected has always been a busted up piece of shit barely working port and something i vividly remember happening was my wardrobe fucking disappearing multiple times. since this was the xbox one or whatever it obviously didn't happen because of mods so it's just a ways to go to think adding more spinning plates on top of whatever was causing vanilla problems probably just causes the game to implode on itself
Kind of late response, but you're right. SRIV Re-Elected was, and still is, rather unstable. A common issue I faced in the PS4 version were severe frame drops at random times. I'd be changing the colours of my clothes and suddenly, the framerate would plummet down to what felt like one digit for five seconds or so, and then come back to normal.
It does make you wonder what makes Re-Elected so broken in comparison to the original release, since it's barely different graphics-wise (I swear SRIV looks better on the original PC release). The only notable change I can think of is the removal of the MySteelport service, but I find it very hard to believe that's the reason behind the issues Re-Elected has. If it is the reason for its issues... then damn, High Voltage screwed up big time.

Kind of late response, but you're right. SRIV Re-Elected was, and still is, rather unstable. A common issue I faced in the PS4 version were severe frame drops at random times. I'd be changing the colours of my clothes and suddenly, the framerate would plummet down to what felt like one digit for five seconds or so, and then come back to normal.
It does make you wonder what makes Re-Elected so broken in comparison to the original release, since it's barely different graphics-wise (I swear SRIV looks better on the original PC release). The only notable change I can think of is the removal of the MySteelport service, but I find it very hard to believe that's the reason behind the issues Re-Elected has. If it is the reason for its issues... then damn, High Voltage screwed up big time.

PCGW has some problem on it's page where "removal of mysteelport causes stutters". you might actually be right oh my god

1695570488951.png

Back